PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Six gone from alty
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Six gone from alty  (Read 6428 times)

fuertes

Re: Six gone from alty
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 10:18:17 AM »

All 6 have been true professionals and great to work with. Good luck to them all wherever they continue their careers.

Twiss being unwilling to get his weight down suggests otherwise. Sorry.

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 11:10:05 AM »

I'd like to see if we can get Kieran Walmsley back next season. Think he could be a really good squad player. top delivery from crosses and excellent from dead balls.

Really? I didn't see anything top delivery. We were told he was good from dead ball situations, but in reality his contribution was poor. I hope he doesn't come back.

I don't think he even took corners.

tommyham

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 04:24:10 PM »

Just realized, nothing about Matt Flynn returning to Fleetwood...
Matt Flynn has been released by Fleetwood aswell as Gareth Seddon and 6 others :)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 04:34:05 PM »

All 6 have been true professionals and great to work with. Good luck to them all wherever they continue their careers.

Describing Twiss as a "true professional" in relation to his two years at Moss Lane is an insult to many of this club's current and past players.

Good riddance.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:36:46 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 04:42:06 PM »

Describing Twiss as a "true professional" in relation to his two years at Moss Lane is an insult to many of this club's current and past players.

Good riddance.

Ouch!!...actually cult we're having a bit of a whip round..get twissy a leaving present...care to contribute?

Alex

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »

To be fair to twissy he was always very professional, I mean he cashed every pay cheque faster than he ever ran for a ball and in doing so got his weekly exercise in. its quite a walk from the car to the bank deposit desk (especially if there is a que)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »

Good riddance.

Ouch!!...actually cult we're having a bit of a whip round..get twissy a leaving present...care to contribute?

Buy him a white elephant.

It's appropriate on so many levels.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 06:31:32 PM »

To be fair to twissy he was always very professional, I mean he cashed every pay cheque faster than he ever ran for a ball and in doing so got his weekly exercise in. its quite a walk from the car to the bank deposit desk (especially if there is a que)

Is that a Brazilian queue?   :D :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 08:03:06 PM »

Maybe I'll get slated for this but has anyone ever considered that Twiss was sh*t because his legs are gone and he's erm sh*t? As opposed to him being a lazy money grabber?

NO.

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »

I hate to disappoint you but I'm led to believe he parked outside the door on double yellows and used the fast pay in envelope slot. Not much exercise there unless you count the stroll to the bakery next door............
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Six gone from alty