PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 team for next year
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: team for next year  (Read 6375 times)

dunhamalty

Re: team for next year
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »

Williams is not very mobile either, Beesley had one decent game and from what i have read he was only fully fit for that one game. I am only saying give him a chance if he is fully fit, pay as you play or something and if he performs badly when fit get rid

VofD

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 02:16:15 PM »

I'm not of the opinion we should go for wholesale changes in the summer.

Given the chance, i'd keep the majority of players and fill the rest with youth teamer's and one or two experienced heads.

I imagine Reeves, Densmore and Smith will be snapped up for conference; Johnson will go to Hyde; Twiss and Joseph might call it a day?

i'd go 4-2-3-1

- - - - - - - - - CF - - - - - - - - - -

- - Clee - - Connors - -  Denham -

- - - - - Lawton - -  Danylk - - - - -

- LB - - Williams - - - CB - - RB -

- - - - - - - - Coburn - - - - - - - - - -

Obviously it depends upon wage budgets, but keeping a core from this year to build the team around might not be a bad idea

I wonder if it is possible to negotiate a minimum wage and base bonus pay outs depending on team performance and attendance. People work harder when they are on commission, football is no different.

Twiss won't call it a day: he has another year of that ridiculous contract left to sit in the stand all season. >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:22:15 PM by VofD »

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 02:36:11 PM »

My fear is that joseph and williams would get bullied in the Bsn,we need a couple of big horrible scousers 

Quite possibly true. The last couple of BSN games I saw involved the centre-halves basically just trying to kick the sh*t out of the forwards.

I always think you want one agressive bastard at the back, then another who's more comfortable on the ball. Sadly, we're short on the powerful, domineering hardman. Joseph isn't bad on the ball and should Smith stay (possibly a long-shot) he can play a bit too.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 03:20:32 PM »

1 swallow does not make a summer
It depends who's doing the swallowing !

I dont know about swallowing but I have taken a few Gulps watching Alty this season  ;)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »

If Kenny and Bimmo stay (which I hope they do) I think there will be a lot of new faces and a complete change of playing style. I can see quite a few of the better players staying with us,eg at the race night Nicky told a few of us he would like to stay, even Marc was interested but I think Kenny will want us to go less part-time so he can really develope the teams play,....and I think this will influence more which players he gets, plus those who get better offers from BSP clubs which is bound to happen.

Basically I trust Kenny/Bimmo whoever they decide to keep/bring in. (except Twiss :o)

Paulk

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 07:06:50 PM »

Harpenden Alty says... ' The last couple of BSN games I saw involved the centre-halves basically just trying to kick the sh*t out of the forwards'

I also saw a couple of BSN games last season the last of which was Hyde vs Droylsden and spotted some more prerequisites for a BSN centre-half, these are to be a couple of stone overweight, to be slow or not be bothered to run and an ability to hoof the ball in absolutely any direction away from danger, distribution doesn't come into it so Rob Williams should be halfway there if he starts piling on the pounds.

Bath Alty

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »

My fear is that joseph and williams would get bullied in the Bsn,we need a couple of big horrible scousers 

Quite possibly true. The last couple of BSN games I saw involved the centre-halves basically just trying to kick the sh*t out of the forwards.

I always think you want one agressive bastard at the back, then another who's more comfortable on the ball. Sadly, we're short on the powerful, domineering hardman. Joseph isn't bad on the ball and should Smith stay (possibly a long-shot) he can play a bit too.

I vote we play twiss for at least a couple of games next season!

chris888

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 08:49:52 PM »

I vote we play twiss for at least a couple of games next season!

he probably won't feel it

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 11:25:25 PM »

Harpenden Alty says... ' The last couple of BSN games I saw involved the centre-halves basically just trying to kick the sh*t out of the forwards'

I also saw a couple of BSN games last season the last of which was Hyde vs Droylsden and spotted some more prerequisites for a BSN centre-half, these are to be a couple of stone overweight, to be slow or not be bothered to run and an ability to hoof the ball in absolutely any direction away from danger, distribution doesn't come into it so Rob Williams should be halfway there if he starts piling on the pounds.

It seems to work in BSP too - at least for Fleetwood.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 team for next year