PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam King
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Liam King  (Read 6119 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Liam King
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:33:15 PM »

See he's gone and signed for Matlock Town.......what's that all about then?!!!!!!!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Liam King
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »

It says on the Matlock forum that they beat of competition from 2 Blue Square Premier sides (possibly us?) and a Blue Square North side.

I thought he was the pick of the loanees last season and would have been a good addition to this year's squad.

Could have been the answer to the central defensive problem.

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:05:51 PM »

I fail to see how Liam King would have solved the central defensive problem - wasn't he a short central midfielder?

Bit weird that he's gone there to be honest, it's well below his level but good luck to him anyway.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:27:04 PM »

See he's gone and signed for Matlock Town.......what's that all about then?!!!!!!!

Maybe he's a steam railway enthusiast.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »

I fail to see how Liam King would have solved the central defensive problem - wasn't he a short central midfielder?

Bit weird that he's gone there to be honest, it's well below his level but good luck to him anyway.

His prefered position was always centre half and I believe he played most of his reserve games for Rotherham in that position.

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 01:40:25 PM »

Didn't realise that! I would have thought he was a bit small to be a centre half to be honest but I'm sure we will find cover for this position shortly.

Still amazed that he has dropped to that level of football as he seemed to have a very bright future.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 02:03:07 PM »

It has to be one of two things

A) Cash
B) His mate is manager

Thats is almost as daft as they fella who used to play for England signing for Droylsden.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 02:26:01 PM »

Very strange.........................He is from Mansfield, so I am very surprised that he has not joined big spending Alfreton Town, a mere stones throw away.

I cannot see it being the cash, I don't think they have a crazy chairman and doubt they have a major income stream. Tom Cahill was at Matlock, so maybe he has put a good word in.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »

I haven't been to Matlock since watching Alty lose 2-0 there in the pouring rain back in October 1978.

And, quite frankly, I have no great yearning to revisit the place.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 04:39:15 PM »

Who was that bloke in history who went to Matlock on holiday and wrote something about something? JTH will remember because I recall he couldn't understand why anyone would want to go to Matlock in the first place.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »

Matlock..............or more to the point, Matlock Bath is quite a major tourist attraction ! It's officially the seaside !

It is set in a deep gorge and is built alongside the river Derwent. High on top of the gorge is The Heights of Abraham which is accessed via a Swiss style cable car. Gullivers World is also situated there and the valley floor is all amusements, tea shops, chippy's and boozers. In Winter they have illuminations and raft racing.
Anyone with a large high powered motorbike will already know all this..........it attracts over 2000 bikers every Sunday in the Summer !

Lesson in tourism over............but this place beats a hell of a lot of places as far as a pre-match entertainment is concerned.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 05:28:46 PM »

No wonder he signed. How can we compete with that?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 07:02:42 PM »

[/quote

unbelieveable]

thegazelle

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 01:24:15 AM »

matlock was one of the best alty invasions i ever attended 4 coaches +.

an awesome walk through the town with people scattering into woolworths to avoid the alty massive the best alty turn out apart from middlewich ???
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:26:38 AM by thegazelle »

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 11:03:48 AM »

matlock was one of the best alty invasions i ever attended 4 coaches +.

an awesome walk through the town with people scattering into woolworths to avoid the alty massive the best alty turn out apart from middlewich ???

and ian morris shinning it in from the right wing
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam King