PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chris Senior  (Read 5276 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Chris Senior
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:49:06 PM »

As previously mentioned has he re-signed yet ? Was talking to a work mate about his Millwall goal today and he remembered seeing it on MOTD

Alty365

Re: Chris Senior
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:00:50 PM »

As far as I know there was never any doubt he was staying apart from an ill-informed article in the notoriously "fact-free" NLP.

Longman

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 05:16:22 PM »

Works his socks off and plays with a smile on his face.

I really like the fella.

Cheshire Terrier

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 11:25:50 PM »

I agree Longman, but my worry is, if he is staying and GH persists with one up front instead of two against most of the opposition, then where do we play him as it will be Little up fronton his own. I have lifted the squad from Hughesy's post about "Our Squad is Looking Real Good" , to help us pick the 11 out of this lot:

GOALKEEPERS
Coburn

DEFENDERS

Batersby
Doughty
Lane
Young

MIDFIELDERS

Danylyk
Lawton
Owen
Peyton
Street
Denham

FORWARDS

Johnson
Little
Meechan
O'Neil
Senior
______

Who do we drop if we are going with a 4 5 1 system.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 10:21:07 AM »

I think the encouraging thing is that we have sufficient attacking options to pick different players for different scenarios, Which will hopefully make us a bit more versatile as an attacking unit and therefore less predicatable. Given the need for strength in depth at this level, having to make tough decisions like this is a lovely problem to have.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 12:15:14 PM »

Just playing devils advocate again

Why would the 1 in a 4-1-4-1 or any other system involving 1 up front necessarily be Colin.

Surely we've not made these signings (Denham , Johnson & Meecham) to not play them

markecky

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 12:25:08 PM »

Why would the 1 in a 4-1-4-1 or any other system involving 1 up front necessarily be Colin.

Surely we've not made these signings (Denham , Johnson & Meecham) to not play them

Ermmm..the leagues third top scorer?  Think most teams would build a team around a player like that.

Jacobs

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 12:27:18 PM »

Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Colin Little is the player he does not like this year

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 01:15:49 PM »

Ermmm..the leagues third top scorer?  Think most teams would build a team around a player like that.

Do you have a phd thesis to back this point up?  ;)  ;D

Alex

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 01:27:37 PM »

As previously mentioned has he re-signed yet ? Was talking to a work mate about his Millwall goal today and he remembered seeing it on MOTD

Chris Senior the first Altrincham Player mentioned in the same breath as Zlatan Ibrahimovic,  Andres Iniesta &  Sidney Govou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnW-w9AahlQ

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 06:13:23 PM »

Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Colin Little is the player he does not like this year

Sorry Tom but which bit of Devils advocate do you not quite get.

I don't recall saying that we shouldn't play him, perhaps he could be one of the 4 behind the 1

Colin has experience and a good football brain, playing 'one off the front' might be beneficial for both the player and the team

Please don't put words into my mouth or try to speak for me

Cheshire Terrier

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »

In response to AltyTunnelSteward's point about the 4-1-4-1, "why should it be Colin Little up front" I am afraid I with markecky on this one you can't not play a forward who scores 20 something goals in a season in a struggling side.I know the idea has been floated to play Chris Senior wide,but we have just signed a couple of utility midfield players who can also play wide. It will be interesting to see how GH shuffles the pack.

Roman

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 11:38:07 PM »

I must say the only time i saw him play last year Chris Senior looked a mightly impressive player, who has speed and agility to unlock defences just lacks a little size but looks like a player who should be amongst the goals a lot more than he was, i dont knwo how he was postioned last season but the only time i seen him he was upfront.

As for his goal on the link...not one he will forget in a hurry im sure

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »

In response to AltyTunnelSteward's point about the 4-1-4-1, "why should it be Colin Little up front" I am afraid I with markecky on this one you can't not play a forward who scores 20 something goals in a season in a struggling side.I know the idea has been floated to play Chris Senior wide,but we have just signed a couple of utility midfield players who can also play wide. It will be interesting to see how GH shuffles the pack.

Not quite what I said but paraphrased then okay.

Again have I said don't play him? No!!

What I have said, acting purely as devils advocate to stimulate discussion is does he have to be the 1 up front? or could he play as the most forward one of the four behind?

If we're playing a team with a back four all over 6 feet tall and built like brick outhouses might it be worthwhile playing someone else as the 'lone striker' with Colin in behind?

Sorry if I've offended anyones sensibilities but, as the poster says this is a forum where people can express views and/or encourage discussion

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 12:37:07 PM »

I have to say with the signings we have made and the fact that we want to play football and hold the ball up better i really see GH has set his stall out on a 442 formation.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior