PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 abbey hey
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: abbey hey  (Read 4085 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
abbey hey
« on: July 06, 2008, 05:28:18 PM »

Anyone know what parking is like at this ground do they have a car park or is it just street parking

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: abbey hey
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »

You can take your car into the ground itself.......for a charge..........otherwise street parking
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »

The car park behind the goal is plenty big enough to cope with the invading alty hordes on saturday.I think we'll have a sizeabe following at abbey hey on staurday as plenty will be wanting to see our new players have their first run out for the club.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:02:21 AM »

Just a note to correct my earlier post...................main website page advises that parking is free.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Red n White

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:31:33 AM »

Do we think the new signings & 1st team regulars will play?

In the past haven't we put out mainly fringe players and trialists against Abbey Hey?

markecky

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:04:27 AM »

Its usually a mix of the two.

There will be some lightning fast fella on trial from Cove Ramblers or something who used to play for Darlington but lost his way, he will look good but never be seen again.  I love pre season just for players like that.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 11:16:05 AM »

Do we think the new signings & 1st team regulars will play?

In the past haven't we put out mainly fringe players and trialists against Abbey Hey?

Colin Little made his first appearance in an Alty shirt at Abbey Hey in 2004 in quite a strong side.Let's hope Saturday's game can generate the enthusiasm that came from that match.

I would have thought that Graham would want to give as many of the new players as possible a run out.

Red n White

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:34:58 AM »

I wonder if the side at Abbey Hey will include a new central defensive signing?????????

Wasn't GH hoping to tie up a deal with a current full time player over the weekend? I assume as no news has been reported that things have become a little protracted or it has fallen through. I think the addition of a very good centre half and things would be looking very promising for the season.

What formation do we think GH will be looking to play? He has said he wants to try and play more attacking style and given the signings made maybe a new formation could be in store. Maybe he will go for the Chelsea/Man Utd style 4-3-2-1. Little up front with Senior and Denham either side? That would still leave Johnson, Meechan and O'neil on the bench. GH will be having a selection headache!!!!

joe

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 11:38:28 AM »

It's a nice selection headache to have though. In the past few seasons it's been a case of if you're fit you play.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »

Cove Ramblers

This the pedant police here; unless you are talking about some ramshackle band of shore walkers who like their circular inlets (oo err), then I believe that would be Cobh Ramblers.

Sorry, I'll crawl back under my pre-season stone now.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »

Shut up Globnasty you're rambling now.

:D

Red n White

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »

Whilst we know the name of the players who have signed, do we know who any players who are on trial and could possibly feature at Abbey Hey?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »

Its usually a mix of the two.

There will be some lightning fast fella on trial from Cove Ramblers or something who used to play for Darlington but lost his way, he will look good but never be seen again.  I love pre season just for players like that.

You may well be right Ecky as we definitely have a representative at Cobh Ramblers' Eircomm League game with St.Patricks Athletic at St.Colman Park on Saturday!! ::)!!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 01:01:19 PM »

It comes with the territory of being a professional gobsh*te don't you know. Gag reflex means something completely different in my book of babble.

Mr Flynn, there will also be 'representatives' (ahemm) at the Wexford Youths vs Waterford United game on 18th July.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 09:19:17 AM »

It comes with the territory of being a professional gobsh*te don't you know. Gag reflex means something completely different in my book of babble.

Mr Flynn, there will also be 'representatives' (ahemm) at the Wexford Youths vs Waterford United game on 18th July.

Excellent.....what a scouting network we have!!!! :D

What's your view of the Eircomm League? I saw Bohemians beat Sligo Rovers 3-0 just over a month ago & I was quite impressed.Both sides would acquit themselves quite well in BSP & Bohs looked to be League 2 standard.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 abbey hey