News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fortress Moss Lane....

Author Topic: Fortress Moss Lane....  (Read 1957 times)

Alex

Fortress Moss Lane....
« on: July 22, 2008, 11:49:42 AM »

is a phrase i think we will need to have in mind if we are going to survive this year. last year we dropped 45 pts at home (6 draws and 11 defeats) and when we consider we were relegated by only a point or two, these points lost at home make a big difference. i think we need (especially in the winter months) to make moss lane a place where teams don't want to play and like stevenage when they played at farsley were only thinking about getting back on the coach home and ended up drawing 0-0. i beleive this is one of the best squads (on paper) that we have had for a few years now and i think realistically we can survive this year (on our own). so lets get behind the lads and sing like we did at weymouth, every home game and create an atmosphere that other teams won't want to play in.

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Fortress Moss Lane....
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:27:33 PM »

How disappointing. I was expecting another thread about tonight's game.

altyf

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:59:44 PM »

is a phrase i think we will need to have in mind if we are going to survive this year. last year we dropped 45 pts at home (6 draws and 11 defeats) and when we consider we were relegated by only a point or two, these points lost at home make a big difference. i think we need (especially in the winter months) to make moss lane a place where teams don't want to play and like stevenage when they played at farsley were only thinking about getting back on the coach home and ended up drawing 0-0. i beleive this is one of the best squads (on paper) that we have had for a few years now and i think realistically we can survive this year (on our own). so lets get behind the lads and sing like we did at weymouth, every home game and create an atmosphere that other teams won't want to play in.

Top post!!! This is exactly the reason why we survived in our first season in the Conference...until the FA were knobs of course.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »

Top post!!! This is exactly the reason why we survived in our first season in the Conference...until the FA were knobs of course.

Knobs or possibly stoppers!
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 12:14:25 AM »

[/quote]

The Conference applied 'their' rules and hence we got a points deduction............like it or not, but all the FA did was 'ensure' that the Conference applied the rules of the league correctly.
Yes, we made a genuine mistake and the punishment handed out to Alty was both draconian and simply ridiculous. However the punishment just followed the 'rules' and to be fair, to our benefit, the 'rule' book has also been thrown at Scarborough, Boston and Halifax
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

altyf

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:16:49 AM »

The Conference applied 'their' rules and hence we got a points deduction............like it or not, but all the FA did was 'ensure' that the Conference applied the rules of the league correctly.
Yes, we made a genuine mistake and the punishment handed out to Alty was both draconian and simply ridiculous. However the punishment just followed the 'rules' and to be fair, to our benefit, the 'rule' book has also been thrown at Scarborough, Boston and Halifax
[/quote]

I fully understand that, but when you see West Ham and AFC Wimbledon succeed in their appeals and yet with Alty they just let the decision stand it seems very unjust.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fortress Moss Lane....