PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Damian Reeves
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Damian Reeves  (Read 5837 times)

JDN

Re: Damian Reeves
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 04:33:38 PM »

Perry, Smikle and Rodgers I would release today

Would rather blood youngsters than put up with any more from them

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 04:34:43 PM »

Yesterday's performance was SPINELESS and CLUELESS.
Damian should be the first name on the team sheet. Perry and Smikle should be shown the door. >:( >:( >:(

After his performance on Tuesday night, I'd probably give Smikle a bit longer to be fair.

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
There has been debate over which strikers to start games with, but it always boils down to who will partner Damian.
After seeing Walshaw and Perry start against Gloucester and Trafford it seems obvious to me that those two will not get us out of this league, well not at the right end anyway.
Walshaw currently could not hit a barn door and Perry ambles around like he doesn't have a care in the world.
How can a 40 goal striker be dropped, has he fallen out with Lee or something?
is.nt he top goal scorer

JDN

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 04:42:31 PM »

Yes but Perry friend of Sinnout

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 04:47:36 PM »

Damian should be the first name on the team sheet. Perry and Smikle should be shown the door. >:( >:( >:(

After his performance on Tuesday night, I'd probably give Smikle a bit longer to be fair.

after his performance yesterday I wouldn't!.....Perry's single contribution yesterday was to deflect a certain goal wide.....although he did a fine dave esdaille impression gazing inanely at the goalkeeper before a free kick......

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 04:53:58 PM »

after his performance yesterday I wouldn't!.....Perry's single contribution yesterday was to deflect a certain goal wide.....although he did a fine dave esdaille impression gazing inanely at the goalkeeper before a free kick......
said a few days ago perry over weight , but i got slagged off for my post , get reeves and walshaw  up front , the will score for fun .

JDN

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »

I wouldn't - he is crap - but we fond of crap players aren't we

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 05:00:39 PM »

he is indeed a bit porky, I thought that..

A few thought damian had been carrying a knock from ferriby hence his resting to the bench...

If Sinnot has actually put Perry on first for footballing reasons.....well words fail me....I can't actually bring my self to believe it ....it is just so ludicrous

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 05:09:09 PM »

I wouldn't - he is crap - but we fond of crap players aren't we

Fair enough it's your opinion but if he starts to play more regularly like he did on Tuesday then I think he could be an asset. I agree that he's been very poor in some games though. As for Perry, he's scores a few which is great but I'm not convinced that he warrants a starting place.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 08:11:01 PM »

I agree that it seems odd, but we don't see what happens behind the scenes, I think reeves is the best player we have at the club but it's the managers decision, players shouldn't be peed off for sitting on the bench for 2 games.  If the manager doesn't have the authority to do that then we might as well not have one.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hulme Robin

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 08:30:30 PM »

ridiculous decision not to start with Reeves - cost us another cup run. Reeves is our best striker by a country mile. Madness. >:(

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 10:21:36 PM »

Toff Apple. Hulme Robin sums it all up. And I agree the manager should have the authority to make the decision he did but as I have said in another post he should stand or fall by it.

But he won't, we'll just indulge the usual tripe again...

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 11:18:02 AM »

The problem Sinnott has is that if people start thinking that there is a rift between him and Reeves they may also start to think that both of them can't stay.

I don't think it's hard to guess who most people would prefer to stay if it came to an either or scenario.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »

ridiculous decision not to start with Reeves - cost us another cup run. Reeves is our best striker by a country mile. Madness. >:(
He wouldn't actually have made one ounce of difference on Saturday......because he wouldn't have seen the ball most of the time.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »

He wouldn't actually have made one ounce of difference on Saturday......because he wouldn't have seen the ball most of the time.
im not sure about that, his movement makes us a better team all round.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Damian Reeves