Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?  (Read 17438 times)

Ladies Supporter

Re: Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 02:46:27 PM »

HAs anyone considered that all this public protestation and abuse of The Chairman, the Board, Certain volunteers etc may in fact serve as something of a stumbling block / deterrent to anyone considering involvement or investment?

Would you, having done due diligence on the Company and found it financially sound and overall a decent investment be inclined to get involved or invest having read the recent utterances?

Before anyone reminds me that it is the football side that counts I would merely reply that anyone with enough cash to make the sort of investment it is perceived is required has not got that money (or if inherited, kept it) without some degree of Business savvy

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 02:48:22 PM »

If it’s to be a negotiation for an end to the protests, then here’s my suggested list of conditions:

Chairman steps down if promotion is not achieved in 17/18;
Football Club adopts formal objective of sustaining a full time professional team at National League and ultimately, Football League level
An independent strategy project is commissioned to look at options for delivering the above objective, including a review of the structure of the Club’s ownership
All conflicts of interest with the Community Sports Company are ended,  or managed transparently and appropriately through an agreed and documented published procedure, as appropriate
A documented and published procedure for the appointment of managers is developed and agreed
Supporters’ representatives  attend Board meetings
Board meeting minutes (non confidential items) are published.
Any cross subsidies between the Community Sports Co and the Football Club are ended.
An investment working group is set up with the specific aim of attracting investors and developing commercial partnerships.

Any more?

Time to go

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »

HAs anyone considered that all this public protestation and abuse of The Chairman, the Board, Certain volunteers etc may in fact serve as something of a stumbling block / deterrent to anyone considering involvement or investment?

Would you, having done due diligence on the Company and found it financially sound and overall a decent investment be inclined to get involved or invest having read the recent utterances?

Before anyone reminds me that it is the football side that counts I would merely reply that anyone with enough cash to make the sort of investment it is perceived is required has not got that money (or if inherited, kept it) without some degree of Business savvy

Don't try and state that we have been in any way abusive, because that is a downright lie.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »

No I don't believe it Ian
Just never happened, a few cranks sniffed around but its a constant source of puzzlement to me why nobody ever has. Never happended when I was closely involved either.
Ironically, the best things ever to happen to this club in the last 20 years were Geof Goodwin getting involved (thanks to Ecky) and getting the CSH built.

So we have ended up with this community model which was working fine until catastropic managerial appointments derailed things.

I respect the fans views but nobody is really coming up with much of an alternative, are they?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 03:49:13 PM »

Ok Pukka, how many people with the sums we want have been directly asked?

It's all my fault.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »

It's not even who has been asked Jack but what is being sold to them, what vision, what motivation?

In effect pukka is telling us that we have had the same unsuccessful investment strategy for over a decade?

If you really want the investment you'd change or stick as it is and whine that only the odd cranks pop around (at a guess to see if they could get involved and make money from selling the ground - with it being the only visible incentive)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 04:27:37 PM »

You dont ask very savvy rich people to spunk all their money, they either want to get involved either out of being philanthropic or to massage their ego.
I know one or two have been sounded out but as yet nobody has had enough love for the lcub and enough dosh to move us forward.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 04:35:27 PM »

It's not even who has been asked Jack but what is being sold to them, what vision, what motivation?
In effect pukka is telling us that we have had the same unsuccessful investment strategy for over a decade?
If you really want the investment you'd change or stick as it is and whine that only the odd cranks pop around (at a guess to see if they could get involved and make money from selling the ground - with it being the only visible incentive)

The current "investment strategy" is getting the community involved so lots and lots of people invest small amounts affordably.
The vision of selling ownership/ major shareholding would basically be,..........please give us all your money so we can spend it !
Both Jack and yourself seem to be placing your whole solution on someone wealthy investing, whether being sold a vision or not, when the evidence and history just dont support that being viable.

It seems to me that the strategy was working well until bad decisions derailed the plan. Who is to say the original community plan still cant work?

I accept it wont work unless we start winning games and get back out of the gluepot.

bighairedmike

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 04:39:02 PM »

You dont ask very savvy rich people to spunk all their money, they either want to get involved either out of being philanthropic or to massage their ego.
I know one or two have been sounded out but as yet nobody has had enough love for the lcub and enough dosh to move us forward.

Mr Waterson doesn't have "enough dosh to move us forward" but has been welcomed onto the board. However, if we had that kind of investment on a larger scale we would then have  "enough dosh".

Your community plan, but with higher staking customers at board level, or so to say.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 04:41:54 PM »

Mr Waterson doesn't have "enough dosh to move us forward" but has been welcomed onto the board. However, if we had that kind of investment on a larger scale we would then have  "enough dosh".

Your community plan, but with higher staking customers at board level, or so to say.

Yes, I agree. Been done before as well, but again there dont seem to be people queueing up at present.

JMF

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 04:45:40 PM »

No volunteers have received any abuse. Football is an emotive pass time, chairman have always come in for flack. I do wonder if half of you in your world are Altrincham supporters or Grahame Rowley supporters. You want to get your priorities straight.

Spring

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »

I suppose one positive thing that can be said about the total debate is that it involves a  lot of people with a passion for the football club. When we really have to worry is when nobody cares a jot about the demise of the club ......we are truly in a fix then.

From my ivory tower, many miles away The Community Hall Project was an excellent initiative and the fact that the form of the football team plummeted had nothing at all to do with the Community Hall but everything to do with a number of bad managerial appointments.

What has been worrying since has been the rather 'thin skinned' attitude of those that run the club, who appear to think that any criticism is unfair and who continue to make a complete botch of communications. Twittergate is the latest example of this and nobody at he club has yet explained this aberration. 

I entirely take the point that new investors do not grow on trees but have to take peoples word that the current hierarchy would welcome them if it meant their power was reduced. I am reading between the lines hat some people are saying that Mr Rowley for all his faults, all his mistakes, all his aversion to criticism is the best we have got ..... and other solutions either do not exist or could well be worst.

Out of this at least lets get a Supporter Rep as a non executive member of the Board.......that at least would be a step forward and given it was the right person would surly help.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 05:43:10 PM »

The current "investment strategy" is getting the community involved so lots and lots of people invest small amounts affordably.
The vision of selling ownership/ major shareholding would basically be,..........please give us all your money so we can spend it !
Both Jack and yourself seem to be placing your whole solution on someone wealthy investing, whether being sold a vision or not, when the evidence and history just dont support that being viable.

It seems to me that the strategy was working well until bad decisions derailed the plan. Who is to say the original community plan still cant work?

I accept it wont work unless we start winning games and get back out of the gluepot.

Telling the right story, in the right way, to the right people attracts money.

When the club accept this, or new leaders come in and are prepared to listen to this advice (the case studies don't lie), we will scratch around begging for money.

We're just scared.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:46:23 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 05:58:20 PM »

I speak only for myself, an Altrincham Fan of nigh on fifty years although longevity of support seemed irrelevant to some merely days ago.

How it can be decided whether anyone has or hasn't been abused depends, I assume, on how people define abuse. I do know that people consider themselves to have been abused solely because they hold a different view to the people who want a change of Chairman.

So far as I am concerned, my priority is right vis the survival of The Club I love and support.

I wonder how many of those advocating boycotts, walkouts etc, all of which will destabilise the Club can say the same?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 05:59:54 PM »

Exactly Jack.

Ian, we don't have ambition. We should be right into the people doing the Altair development or the new hotels in Alty telling them we'll have this a football league town for them by 2020 2025, pushing the club as Manchester's next football league club or Cheshire depending who you ask. Think of all those people like the Swales and White of yesteryear who now will never get close to owning or even having influence in city or united or Liverpool nowadays.

What do we push? Notwithstanding that the community work we do can also be excellent recruiting as that footprint is attractive to investors, that we can be a conference north club that runs a good community scheme, come on.

Mom league football has never been as trendy as it is now, we got over 2,000 for a home match v Salford City for gods sake! And still nothing?

Without that all you will get is chancers sniffing a ground sale, that I don't wish for!

But you at it off mate. In the meantime, we can only go one the fact the late great David Butns, god rest his soul, is the only director we've had from outside this century.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?