Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?  (Read 17438 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 12:46:45 PM »

I have sat down with Grahame in the past. Alongside Brian. It reminded me of being back at school.

Given that Grahame hung up on me on Saturday after I asked him about the twitter ( I wanted to know who would be continuing the tweets for our exile fans and he replied he didn't care who was tweeting as he was watching the game), I'm in no rush to arrange to sit down with him.

Should the protest organisers (and there are people leading this) want to do so, that their perogrative, but I get the feeling they don't.

At the risk of being fair to Graham here Jack, I don't think his response to a phone call from you in the second half of the Stalybridge game asking WHO. DOES. THE. TWITTER? can be taken as representative of his willingness to discuss things with supporters!! 😂😂

I think it does Ballers. I think the childish manner to being asked a question is the key here. He didn't like what was being said, and he hung up.

He could have asked politely to speak post-match, or spoke to andrew or I in the last week, he hasn't.
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 12:49:17 PM »

I think the fans should meet with GR. As Toff says, to not do this would simply allow GR to say 'these people just want to mouth off, they're not interested in dialogue'. And in terms of what it might achieve, GR may currently have no intention of resigning but the job of this entire protest movement is to convince him to do just that and this meeting can be a part of that.

markecky2

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 12:53:37 PM »

Spring, I can't help thinking your misjudging  things a bit here.

This isn't a tiff that needs a couple of people's heads banging together  and a pint  bought.

Forget this forum for a second, from what I can see based on  the difference in what people are seeing on the terraces and official attendances the majority of season tickets holders are not going.   Many have stated they are not renewing (and I accept some will).

These are arguably the clubs best supporters, who invested in the club up front after a pathetic relegation. For them to not attend a game they have paid for when they are the essentially the platform of the suppprt  is very very worrying

Spring

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »

Hashtag

You make two good points, which I had not considered and I apologise for this.

I am pleased that some correspondence has taken place and I can understand why the content has not been made public.....perhaps there is still a glimmer.

Spring

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 01:03:18 PM »

markecky

The points you make, which I totally believe, make it all the more serious and point to the need for a defined plan of action.

Unless one believes the Chairman will resign and there will be something better put in place (and I am not convinced on either of these things) then I just believe that something needs to be done. A meeting would have the objective of talking and listening, in order to determine what his total stance was and then there could be one of two directions.......continued all out opposition or ( and you may think unlikely) some form of rapprochement .

I just think that once one rules out discussion, it is a sad, sad day........much bigger disputes than Alty FC have been solved by discussion !! 

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 01:05:38 PM »

Either the chairman doesn't recognise the level of unrest (unlikely I would have thought) or he and the board are taking the view that people will come back once we have played half a dozen games and are top of the glue league.

It's a gamble and the funds need to be in place to backfill the lost revenue from the inevitable early season drop in crowds but I really do think that is what they will be planning for.  

Spring

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »

Cheshire Cat

And in your view is the reason he insists on staying on because he genuinely believes there is no better alternative and the club would suffer if he left ( which has to be said is quite possible) or simply that he is not open to an other person being considered as chairman? ( again which is quite possible).

I believe the above is the $64,000 question because I do not think any of us understand the implications of change on the financial structure of the club.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 01:19:01 PM »

If the protest group wants a change in leadership then be constructive.
What you require is an alternative that would benefit the club,.... otherwise the Chairman would be negligent in resigning if it left AFC with nobody capable of doing the huge amount of voluntary work needed and moving the club forward.
So far I havent seen a single positive suggestion. Ideal time for a Multi-millionaire Alty Fan to surface,.....

Just commenting like,... ::)

Ian J

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 01:30:47 PM »

I agree that suggestions/criticism should be positive/constructive ones.

But, perhaps there should be one chair at one side of the room, and 29 at the other- one for each registered protester. When others turn up (both those who stay away and those who chose not to walk out), that should signify the extent of the unrest.

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 01:36:37 PM »

What you require is an alternative that would benefit the club,.... otherwise the Chairman would be negligent in resigning if it left AFC with nobody capable of doing the huge amount of voluntary work needed and moving the club forward.
So far I havent seen a single positive suggestion. Ideal time for a Multi-millionaire Alty Fan to surface,.....

If you had read any correspondance from the protesting group, you would see that they are asking Mr Rowley to ANNOUNCE HIS INTENTION to stand down, and putting it out publically that we are welcoming people into the board and inviting people to announce they'd like to be chairman.

Whether Mr Rowley stays at the club after he steps down and continues in a voluntary role is up to him and the incoming chairman.

I reiterate, it is not up to us as fans to name names for a potential chairman. Nobody would put their name forward for a role that is, as yet, not vacant.

bighairedmike

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 01:41:44 PM »

Toff Apple

I totally agree with you. It would be even better to decline the meeting and to publically state the reasons for this, than just to ignore the invite.

It also looks as though the whole protest movement has totally run out of steam and apart from a few 'insults' traded on the forum, there is little being offered, certainly nothing constructive which I find a great shame as the club is in dire need of a revival and part of this has to be a rapprochement between the Board and the passionate Alty fans that are represented on this site.j.

I also have to say that ringing the Chairman in the middle of a match was perhaps not the best timing. If he had been seem to be having a long telephone call he would probably be accused of being disinterested in the football. One has to be even handed in looking at things.

Right, I have my tin hat on and I repeat my only interest is the overall well being of the club which I have supported for 65 years ( yep since the early days of Brian Prolze) ......I am not a spy.......I am not an official of the club........I have never met our Chairman or any of the board etc etc.

Let the bombardment begin but please make it witty as well as aggressive..

There is work going on behind the scenes, and a statement is being prepared, hopefully for release later today.

Temporary silence doesn't equate to nothing happening.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 01:50:20 PM »

Cheshire Cat

And in your view is the reason he insists on staying on because he genuinely believes there is no better alternative and the club would suffer if he left ( which has to be said is quite possible) or simply that he is not open to an other person being considered as chairman? ( again which is quite possible).

I believe the above is the $64,000 question because I do not think any of us understand the implications of change on the financial structure of the club.

I think he believes he is a good enough man for the job. (Which I recognise isn't either of your options).

Beyond that who knows. I haven't spoken to him but I believe he is Alty through and through. Perhaps he feels he should still be the figurehead but the board needs bolstering and that would be good enough. We shall have to wait and see if this afternoon's announcement can shed any light.

Whether the club will suffer or not is something to consider if you are thinking of resigning. So far, the indications are that he hasn't even considered such an action.

Spring

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 01:53:57 PM »

Thanks Whiskers and The Cat for your info.

It is good that things are going on and I agree that these things have to be done with a degree of discretion.

Like all other interested supporters, we await the communication in due course. 

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »

If you had read any correspondance from the protesting group, you would see that they are asking Mr Rowley to ANNOUNCE HIS INTENTION to stand down, and putting it out publically that we are welcoming people into the board and inviting people to announce they'd like to be chairman.

Whether Mr Rowley stays at the club after he steps down and continues in a voluntary role is up to him and the incoming chairman.

I reiterate, it is not up to us as fans to name names for a potential chairman. Nobody would put their name forward for a role that is, as yet, not vacant.

Believe it or not but the club has been looking for years for new blood to come in.I know many people think this isnt true but it is.
Do you really think anyone who is really and sincerely interested would wait before the chairman announced he would step down before making enquiries etc.

If a rich benefactor doesnt appear, which has never happened so far,... then the only alternative is  more volunteers who have the club at heart, whether they know anything about appointing managers is another thing, however one could argue they couldnt do any worse,... but be careful what you wish for.

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 02:24:31 PM »

No I don't believe it Ian
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?