PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote is clueless
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: heathcote is clueless  (Read 13233 times)

Alex

Re: heathcote is clueless
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2009, 11:55:05 AM »

would dino like to swap places with me in aberystwyth so i could go and SUPPORT the team? i'd kill to see alty live, no matter how we play.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »

would dino like to swap places with me in aberystwyth so i could go and SUPPORT the team? i'd kill to see alty live, no matter how we play.

Agree 100%.

It kills me that I can't go to many games.
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »

I posted once only on this thread, right at the start and I said I probably agreed with dino. At the time I was frustrated with the result. Some of his comments I do agree with though, such as we were lucky to get a point and the second half we were clueless.

Anyway.

After having time to calm down and reflect, I would like to change my stance on things from Saturday as i think i was too harsh on the lads.

Whilst we were excellent in the first half the second half was indeed rubbish. But perhaps the weather and pitch conditions contributed more to that being part time than the team itself.

Denham would be struggling for fitness especially on that pitch.

Lawton, well he isnt my favourite but didnt put a foot wrong in the game and would argue one of his best for a long while.

A brave man to change his mind on this forum, but I did it, I await the Peakes hehehe.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 12:25:02 PM by Jenga »

bighairedmike

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »

The worst thing about living so far away is getting the goal updates by text, not knowing exactly whats happening, with only a small amount of space for performance details.

The second worst thing is coming on here to see the same old crap from dino time and time again. You don't like Heathecote, great. In the grand scheme of things he has done a bloody good job this season and just because you don't like him as a person doesnt mean you should have a pop. If we had LOST in the same manner as last year then I think it would have been justified. That was one of the worst performances i had seen for a long time and i actually thought he was clueless after that.

I'll hold my hands up and say i haven't always been his biggest fan but to blame the guy for trying his best when the players are seemingly ignoring what he says is just not on. Reading the programme notes just shows how much he cares about this club, how he knows where the faults are and how desparate he is to keep the fans happy through performances.

And, the third most annoying thing is how you never respond to people unless they agree with you. Its just mindless abuse followed by no reasoned argument.

taxi Phil

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »

The interesting point for me in GH's notes is the opinion that players are under no pressure for their places in such a thin squad. I would be surprised if he hasn't got particular suspects in mind, and once alternatives become available we may see changes - or even departures. Having said that - I personally don't think there are any non-triers at present.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2009, 09:38:44 PM »

we were lucky to get anything from the game and the second half was a disgrace.they ran us ragged all over the pitch and he didnt have a clue how to change things around, other than put 11 men behind the ball. we didnt have 1 decent attack 2nd half, and he will just drive supporters away. it says a lot about him when he has the worst player as captain. and  at the end he was instructing players to waste time. he takes off denham and leaves little on.....priceless

Yawn............
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2009, 09:51:05 PM »

I like Heathcote in general but some of his squad choices/subsitutions baffle me. But I guess I'm not too well up on match fitness. I definately like the kind of players he brings in, although he really needs a new striker (But we all know this.)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 06:17:11 PM »

Dino

In view of the number of replies to your original message, perhaps you would like to add further comments re your original posting. Believe me I have nothing against you personally, but if anybody deserves at least a reply or further comment it is Graham Heathcote, the man you so publically slagged off on this website originally. In view of everyone elses opinion, would you like to have your say again. Or are you CLUELESS as to what your reply would be.

You have suddenly gone very quiet

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2009, 03:29:54 PM »

Heathcote is clueless. He works for pittance to please the likes of you.

I don't want to get involved in the whole Dino fracas, however.

OGC: please define "pittance"...!

My wife is an NHS nurse who genuinely works for a "pittance" in my eyes, considering the valuable contribution she makes.

Presumably, Mister Heathcote is doing a job he actually enjoys: a full-time manager at a part-time football club?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »

My wife is an NHS nurse who genuinely works for a "pittance" in my eyes, considering the valuable contribution she makes.

ah but has she given 35 years continuous uninterrupted service?

Say what u like about dino he certainly invokes debate....even if he misses all the mitigating factors.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2009, 05:53:23 PM »

ah but has she given 35 years continuous uninterrupted service?

35 years continuous service..?

Not yet....(and a gentleman never reveals a lady's age)...!

But then again, neither has Mister Heathcote at Moss Lane, if you want to be accurate....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »

I seem to remember Alty always used to do better in the second half. Now it's the other way round, but I'm not convinced it's just due to wrong tactics.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2009, 06:24:58 PM »

Got to agree with yo Phil about pillorying and insults, it was that that I found so off putting last season

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2009, 06:57:12 PM »

To continue, Phil, at the end of the day the club are in a decent position with a decent board and a decent manager who has improved the team year on year. For evidence, just consider that people are now getting upset with Alty 11th in the Conference. And my opinion - I think it would be a good idea if we could put past disputres etc. behind us and all behave in a way which will do the club credit.

And in fairness to Heathcote, I know some people don't like the way he reacts to things going wrong (I call it passion, others call it other stuff, fair enough) but - he has never to my knowledge in cold blood made a snakes and worms type comment, and he has never made embarrassing comments about other clubs or got involved in anything illegal. He's there to manage a team not be a saint at the end of the day.

And just a quick word about being captain. I would suggest that all you need to be a captain (more or less) is - to be likely to play regularly, to work hard and follow the manager's instructions, to be able to motivate your team mates and be respected by them. Sometimes it doesn't matter if some of them are better players.

bighairedmike

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2009, 08:09:38 PM »

To be fair hugh, most people on this thread have backed him up.

Just because one idiot has an agenda doesnt mean we all do because we have commented on the same thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote is clueless