News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get in there!!!!!

Author Topic: Get in there!!!!!  (Read 3477 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Get in there!!!!!
« on: January 14, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »

Great result, I don't care where Workington are in the table, weve rarely won at places like that in recent times,top work.Lets not trip up against Harrogate now.Well done to lee, his team, and to all the players.I am quick to be critical when things go wrong, so everyone deserves all the plaudits today.I would have posted early but I've been broken down for two hours in the car park of the park pub in northern moor, which was nice ....,,,

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Get in there!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »

Well done to Lee and the team, this has been a good week so let's hope this is the start of a good run now!
Come on Alty!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 08:14:42 PM »

We were very good today all over the park.

With a half decent pitch we would have had the game sewn up by HT.

Well done lads!

markecky

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »

I'm so pleased with todays performance so look away now if you don't like positivity and think "we're still sh*t"

Today was a great performance.  We were full of running, played some nice stuff, got stuck in when we had to and then dug in when under the coash at the end.

As said above, we should have ended the game by half time with the chances we had.  Looks like their manager underestimated us somewhat I'd say, made his comments look a bit stupid in the end.

They seemed to have two bodies to block our shots in the first half as about 4-5 chances got blocked in the area.  We were getting ball wide well and causing all sorts of problems.  Should have been all done by half time.

Workington played some nice stuff at times and you could see there where missing people up front.  However we were dictating tha game well.

2nd half they came out and had a go but we got a hold again and made it 2-0.

Then a great goal by McNiven (is he Britains best fat striker?) and their tails were up.  Only a superb save by Stuart stopped it being 2-2 which would have been harsh but we're Alty fans and that does kond of happen.

There were a lot of good peformances all over the park, rather than go into all of them I'd like to say a massive well done to Nicky Clee and Somon Riichman.

Clee was outstanding at left back winning defensive headers, making great tackles and then a couple of times marauding up the field as well.  I have often been critical of him away from home but we may have oddly found a new left back here if he carries on like this.

And Richman was everywhere and involved in a lot of what we did.  I've heckled him before but he was excellent today.  All the lads did well and it was the type of ground and day (playing a team on form) that we lose at without a whimper.

Got to turn this into a run now but there looked a hunger to our play today.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 11:41:19 PM »

Exacly what I wanted to see today.Controlled the game, they get their tails up after a goal, and we hold on for the win,something which I have never been confident about all season. I said at half time I'd prefer a nervy win to a whopping just to prove we can hold onto a lead and see out the game.

Make no mistake, if we manage to get in the play-offs, this will be the result we look back upon as being the moment we turned fortunes around. But, has been said, we need to build on and make a string of results that means by the end of February we are in that top 5
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 10:32:48 AM »

couldnt be at game cos of work but well done boys , lets hope we can beat Harrogate at home , we were all over them at there place , they were a very physical team

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 10:41:55 AM »

Well done to all concerned!!
I wonder if Colwyn Bay was a turning point that made people sit up and wonder where we were going this season, I certainly wouldn't have fancied our chances in the last two games but to win them both points to a change at the club, from the management down to the players. If we beat Harrogate we can look forward to Stalyvegas' visit with renewed confidence, they haven't been as invincible as they were before Christmas.
Oh, and well done Simon Richman, always knew he would be a valuable player here!!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 11:35:12 AM »

What a difference a week makes but whilst two away wins on the bounce is good we need 4-5 in a row now to really push on. Harrogate next Saturday should be one no-one needs too much motivation for, they got it away with absolute murder on the opening day, let's get our revenge.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »

Great result again well done lads
ParkINson's red and white army

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »

Really pleased to hear that it was a good performance as well as another good away victory.

Another couple of decent performances against Harrogate (who will be on a high after winning away themselves) and Blyth (long trip on a Tuesday evening) would set us up nicely for two key games against Gainsborough and Stalybridge.

Well done to the manager and team. Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get in there!!!!!