PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon review thread!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Histon review thread!!  (Read 6707 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Histon review thread!!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »

Rodgers did well yesterday but needs consistency

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »

I'd agree that it was Rodgers best game so far but MOM you have to be joking. He was easily Altys worst player on the day

Guess we see different things then
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 09:54:55 PM »

I'd agree that it was Rodgers best game so far but MOM you have to be joking. He was easily Altys worst player on the day

Guess we see different things then
Took his goal well, won plenty of ball, gave less away than of late (his biggest problem). But nowhere near MOM - I'd put at least five ahead of him.

markecky

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »

I think he just needs some time to settle in. I thought he did OK against Chester as well and is improving.

He did give the ball away a couple of times yesterday but we're in the Conference North, it happens at this level.

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 10:03:23 PM »

What I've seen I've been more impressed by moult and lacy however fair play scored a very good goal and had a decent game

ForeverAlty

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 10:34:31 PM »

Why is everyone digging Rodgers' peformance? He scored a brilliant goal, on the volley from a cross and he isn't famous for scoring like that so well done to him.

And along with the good goal he assisted one of Reevesy's, when he swung it in from the left and somehow Reeves under pressure from 3 defenders wiggled through them and scored.

He might have lost the ball a couple of times, but no one can always hold onto the ball, (expect from Dunc ofcourse ;D) but he won the ball numerous times using his strength.

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 10:37:19 PM »

Do you include me as everyone I said he had a good game

markecky

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »

Why is everyone digging Rodgers' peformance? He scored a brilliant goal, on the volley from a cross and he isn't famous for scoring like that so well done to him.

And along with the good goal he assisted one of Reevesy's, when he swung it in from the left and somehow Reeves under pressure from 3 defenders wiggled through them and scored.

He might have lost the ball a couple of times, but no one can always hold onto the ball, (expect from Dunc ofcourse ;D) but he won the ball numerous times using his strength.

Deep breaths mate, it was only Hugo that said it.

ForeverAlty

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 12:36:01 AM »

Deep breaths mate, it was only Hugo that said it.
[/quote]
Well that's made me look rather 'unintelligent', i either read the same one over and over or i'm halusinating.

I though there was a few... :o

Bazbatteria

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »

That was the strongest first 11 that started and a fine effort and performance all round. Watmore outstanding, well worthy of the attention he has created. A pleasure to watch.

jacksparrow

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »

Although a comprehensive victory and some fantastic attacking play by Reeves ,  Clee ( welcome back ) and of courseWa tmore . it was a predictable win against a poor team , even Taxi Phil reckoned we could get the goal diff back on track before the game ,so well done him ! I thought LS missed a trick here when after the 4th went in there was still about 25 mins left and a great opportunity to give Adam Reid some pitch time and also Brooke the chance to maybe get a goal and some confidence , with a small squad these chances will be few and far between

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 08:14:46 PM »

I'm not knocking Reid but it was vital we got a clean sheet it's nearly been a year

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 08:18:40 PM »

I'm not knocking Reid but it was vital we got a clean sheet it's nearly been a year

Ditto

jacksparrow

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 08:40:15 PM »

I appreciate your point but its even more important to give a keeper , a very young keeper time in goal and lplaying behind the back 4 when the pressure is off ,than if Coburn gets injured with 30 mins to go at say, Halifax and he makes a mistake , everyone slaughters him because hes nervous but we got a clean sheet against a crap team however many weeks before , same about the young striker pitch time is vital whenever possible

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »

I appreciate your point but its even more important to give a keeper , a very young keeper time in goal and lplaying behind the back 4 when the pressure is off ,than if Coburn gets injured with 30 mins to go at say, Halifax and he makes a mistake , everyone slaughters him because hes nervous but we got a clean sheet against a crap team however many weeks before , same about the young striker pitch time is vital whenever possible

Drivel, do you realize the psychological advantage we get from keeping a clean sheet? It would be madness to make that change.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon review thread!!