PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how do we improve
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: how do we improve  (Read 6678 times)

DavidP

how do we improve
« on: November 28, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »

I simply do not see sinnot leaving so can anyone tell me how we can improve? I suggest getting rid of Williams and brown they are terrible.

RocketDan

Re: how do we improve
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:50:09 AM »

Get Brian Summerskill back.

it's no surprise to me that our downfall has coincided with his departure.  I think his floppy hair and baggy shorts added something very special to the camaraderie that led us to two 6-1 victories.

bigcol

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 09:35:18 AM »

Seriously - GR look down the sofa and try and find a few pennies to get a "thou shalt not pass" holding midfielder, someone who can marshall the defence and direct traffic in the midfield.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »

Lets see who Lee brings in,he has said he is trying to make changes.and lets hope whoever it is,it works
Harold

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »

I'd like to see michael twiss offloaded.....we have two excellent forwards.....with the saved wages bring in a ball winning midfield player.

The above is no reflection of how I view Michael twiss more a reflection of what we need and don't need in the team.

Release at least half of the defence and bring in keener younger more promising replacements......then release the other half.

anytime before xmas would be nice.

bumble

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 04:45:44 PM »

I simply do not see sinnot leaving so can anyone tell me how we can improve? I suggest getting rid of Williams and brown they are terrible.

Williams wasn't bad on sunday

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 04:55:07 PM »

I'd like to see michael twiss offloaded.....we have two excellent forwards.....with the saved wages bring in a ball winning midfield player.

The above is no reflection of how I view Michael twiss more a reflection of what we need and don't need in the team.

Release at least half of the defence and bring in keener younger more promising replacements......then release the other half.

anytime before xmas would be nice.

As he is on contract, unless he wants to go, we would, I believe have to pay up the remainder of the contract to get rid of him.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 05:48:24 PM »

anyone who wasn't aware that twiss was signed on a two year contract will be fascinated by ats' response.

when Lee came in I was interested to see wether he pulled off the masterstroke of moving him on or turned him into a world beater....while it's true Michaels attitude has improved and some of his assists have been quality, I think if lee could loan him out / move him on in the transfer window or maybe even now to a club in the lower leagues who are not stuck with a transfer windowwith an ego chairman with ideas bigger than his brain then there are options to sticking your hands in your pockets or paying his contract up.....

I repeat this is not a go at michael twiss.....just think we need a different sort of player(s) that we could get for the money he is currently getting......

DavidP

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »

I base my opinion on Williams on last season and the games he's played since returning not just yesterday and he simply is not good enough right now

bumble

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »

I base my opinion on Williams on last season and the games he's played since returning not just yesterday and he simply is not good enough right now

Why last season?

The judgement should be on this season

DavidP

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 07:47:52 AM »

Ok judge him on this season I still think Williams is dreadful

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 09:13:49 AM »

anyone who wasn't aware that twiss was signed on a two year contract will be fascinated by ats' response.
when Lee came in I was interested to see wether he pulled off the masterstroke of moving him on or turned him into a world beater....while it's true Michaels attitude has improved and some of his assists have been quality, I think if lee could loan him out / move him on in the transfer window or maybe even now to a club in the lower leagues who are not stuck with a transfer windowwith an ego chairman with ideas bigger than his brain then there are options to sticking your hands in your pockets or paying his contract up.....

I repeat this is not a go at michael twiss.....just think we need a different sort of player(s) that we could get for the money he is currently getting......

He has improved but it's from a low level, 4 goals in 20 appearances?? Is that really good enough? I would suspect that Twiss may move on later in the season when it becomes apparent that he won't (surely) be offered another deal here and will need to go and impress someone for next year (Chester?)

brian1925

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 11:29:28 AM »

There are loads of young lads like Jack Redshaw in the lower leagues ho have lost their way. It's Neil's job I guess to find them, since that is what we need. Norton was a pain in the a*** for FC on Sunday, as wss their mom right back, the Witton cpt etc. I know it sounds easier to get these players than what it is, but surely this is the way forward.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »

Williams has to go, awful. Flynn should go too, slow and who the f**k does he think he is trying to spray 40 yard passes about every time he gets the ball, although to be fair it could be one of Sinnotts strange plans (if he actually has a plan). Brown is simply not good enough. Lees is decent and comes across as one who cares, keep him at right back.

Lawrie Dens Danylyk Clee, on paper looks quality.Them 4 should be destroying teams imo, but for some reason they get overrun and seem all over the place, surely this can only be the managers fault? When Lawrie goes (which is going to be a huge loss) we need to sign a new right winger, because Richman simply isn't this, and im not sure what he is for that matter.

The only worry about the strike force is that Reeves may get off in January, and if this form continues who could blame him, but if that does happen well, were f**ked.

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:40 PM »

Williams has to go, awful. Flynn should go too, slow and who the f**k does he think he is trying to spray 40 yard passes about every time he gets the ball, although to be fair it could be one of Sinnotts strange plans (if he actually has a plan). Brown is simply not good enough. Lees is decent and comes across as one who cares, keep him at right back.

Lawrie Dens Danylyk Clee, on paper looks quality.Them 4 should be destroying teams imo, but for some reason they get overrun and seem all over the place, surely this can only be the managers fault? When Lawrie goes (which is going to be a huge loss) we need to sign a new right winger, because Richman simply isn't this, and im not sure what he is for that matter.

The only worry about the strike force is that Reeves may get off in January, and if this form continues who could blame him, but if that does happen well, were f**ked.

I think it's unlikely an offer acceptable to us and him will materialise. No doubt some full-time clubs will have another crack at signing him in the summer, but I'm doubtful he'll go in January.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how do we improve