PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rangers interested in joining the Conference
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rangers interested in joining the Conference  (Read 4840 times)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rangers interested in joining the Conference
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 09:06:07 PM »

Firstly this is another attempt by Rangers to hit back at the SFA for punishing them for cheating. To be fair to the SFA, the SPL and SFL they did what was right and at high risk to their own pockets. And lets not forget that the SFA historically were run by Rangers supporters. However I sympathise with any club that gets half way through a season, are top of their league and are then told they wont be promoted because the goalposts have been moved.
I cannot see FIFA allowing Rangers to play anywhere but in Scotland. I recall Wimbledon being told that they could not relocate to Dublin. Plus I cant see the FA (English) allowing them in.
As for joining the conference? Well just imagine Alty finishing 5th in the BSN, winning the play-off and our place being given to a Foreign club. >:(
I note that our neighbours Macc and County would welcome Rangers with open arms - now there is a case of the saying 'honour amonst thieves' :o
Would I want them in the BSN? - NO THANKS

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 09:17:52 PM »

Rangers are saying they will take UEFA to the European court if they are not allowed to play in the English leagues on the grounds of sexual equality in that there is a combined Dutch/Belgian women's football league and also citing Swansea and Cardiff in the English leagues.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »

I believe its more due to the fact that the new league arrangement will mean that they won't get promoted this year, I would not want them in our league though.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 09:35:55 PM »

Yes spot on toffee

Hamilton

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 09:39:48 PM »

I believe its more due to the fact that the new league arrangement will mean that they won't get promoted this year, I would not want them in our league though.

If they get promoted they are in the 3rd tier of Scottish football and, under the proposed new leagues, they will also be in the 3rd tier! They should just get on with it!

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 09:44:26 PM »

Maybe they should but that is the reason for this wanted move

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 10:16:41 PM »

It's also a bit bizarre that they wouldn't be in 2nd tier of SFL if they won the 3rd tier this season. A bit of a leap but a fair point.

Edit : I also imagine the SFA would be sh*tting themselves if Rangers left to play in England as they would come under pressure for their national place and the voting rights that come with it. They are constantly hounded at FIFA for by the new Russian republics etc for why should they be allowed to play as a country when they are really part of Great Britain and this wouldn't help.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:18:44 PM by Ballers »

Hamilton

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »

It's also a bit bizarre that they wouldn't be in 2nd tier of SFL if they won the 3rd tier this season. A bit of a leap but a fair point.

Edit : I also imagine the SFA would be sh*tting themselves if Rangers left to play in England as they would come under pressure for their national place and the voting rights that come with it. They are constantly hounded at FIFA for by the new Russian republics etc for why should they be allowed to play as a country when they are really part of Great Britain and this wouldn't help.

They're in the 4th tier this season, so would be in the 3rd tier either way!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rangers interested in joining the Conference