PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tv game lost
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tv game lost  (Read 8661 times)

markecky

Re: Tv game lost
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 10:38:18 AM »

Did they actually read my e-mail.  "thanks for your support" what bollocks!  On the plus side it sounds as though I have got my money back.

If you ask me i dont think they did, they were probably more concerned about axing anymore part time clubs from there tv schedual. But if you got your money back good stuff (y)

Seriously?

Don't you just thinks it down to that fact that they thought no one was going to watch it when there was other matches on with a broader appeal, and the costs of setting up all the gantries, the outside broadcast units etc outweighed the number of people who would tune in?

I seriously doubt if they looked at whether some of our players have other jobs.

Alty365

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 10:45:20 AM »

Did they actually read my e-mail.  "thanks for your support" what bollocks!  On the plus side it sounds as though I have got my money back.

If you ask me i dont think they did, they were probably more concerned about axing anymore part time clubs from there tv schedual. But if you got your money back good stuff (y)

This argument holds no water, because on the same day that they axed our game they also announced that they'd be showing live games at Droylsden and Northwich.

Jenga

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 12:50:48 PM »

I have no kept up with this one, do we still get the money from Setanta?

DarrenH

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 12:51:57 PM »

The set up costs of gantry's etc have nothing to do with it.
They  have already budgeted for the set up costs that are covered within the subscription money.
At the end of the day as has been said many times before if we want TV involved and the TV money we have to put up with being messed about.

markecky

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 01:10:27 PM »

I have no kept up with this one, do we still get the money from Setanta?

Each club gets a set fee from Setanta from a pool  and an additional fee when a match is shown, whcih I think is £5k for the home team and £2k for the away side.

I disagree on the setup costs.  Having seen the work that goes in to setting up live matches. the outside contractors etc I think they have said "whats the point when no-one will watch on that date, may as well save it and show a different match"

Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tv game lost