News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pubs in Alty showing Setanta Sports

Author Topic: Pubs in Alty showing Setanta Sports  (Read 2019 times)

AltyPie

« on: December 06, 2008, 09:21:21 AM »

Hi all

Notts County fan exiled in Sale here. I've been to a few Alty games, usually when Notts are playing TOO far away and when you are at home. My most recent visit was for the Luton cup game. I was absolutely gutted for you that night - to go out on pens seemed so unjust after Alty had dominated the game for so long.

Anyway, the reason for my message...

Notts are away at Kettering in the FA Cup replay on Weds night (10th Dec) and unfortunately I can't get off work early enough to drive down there.  As the game is on Setanta I was hopeful of being able to watch it in a pub in Sale or Altrincham but  I've just realised that Man Utd are at home in the Champions League that night so I suspect most pubs will be showing that.

Does anyone know of a decent local boozer showing Setanta and where I might be able to catch our game? (I only moved up here last year so still finding my way around).

Cheers in advance and good luck at Crawley today!

Ian (Alty 'Pie)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pubs in Alty showing Setanta Sports
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 12:46:20 PM »

the station may be a good bet but you might have to ask them to put it on

Foz

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 03:04:56 PM »

I would suggest the orange tree in Altrincham or the little 'b' in sale. Both have Setanta and I would imagine, will show the game if you ask them when you go in.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:18:51 PM »

The station doesnt show football anymore i dont think, the last time i went in there were no tv screens which was odd.

Try the Bricklayers arms in alty town centre or the orange tree as the both have setanta, but as you say most pubs would probably show the united game.

Foz

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »

that will teach me for reading only half the message! didn't see the bit about United being on! I know that both the little 'b' and orange tree can split screens and have several, but with United on it is unlikely that they would do so, unless it is not very busy. I don't think that the bricklayers can due to only having one TV (though may be wrong!). Unfortunately, I think that the only way you can find out if any of them will show it is by giving them a call.

AltyPie

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 07:57:34 PM »

Cheers fellas.  I'll try calling a couple of those pubs but I'm not too hopeful. Trust United to steal our thunder....it's just like being in Nottingham where the media attention is always on those other red scum bags over the Trent! LOL! I might just subscribe to Sultana for 24 hours...

Commiserations for today by the way. We got battered 6-1 at Dagenham a couple of weeks ago so I know what you are going through!

Good luck for the rest of the season. I'll try to get back to Moss Lane again in the new year.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 11:59:49 PM »

In the past the Pelican has shown Alty matches on Setanta
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team