PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heads up, and EVERYBODY who can get down to FGR
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Heads up, and EVERYBODY who can get down to FGR  (Read 4896 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »

Although we were cruising at 2-0 a certain set of circumstances conspired against us,all that could go wrong did go wrong,and we still managed a point.We might say weve thrown 4 points away this week,BUT we are 5 games unbeaten,and reeves looked only to come off as a precaution,if you can get to stroud next weekend,make the effort,nows the time to all stand together

Bath Alty

Re: Heads up, and EVERYBODY who can get down to FGR
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »

Hoping for a crowd repeat of Weymouth last day of the season when as kick off approached more and more people just appeared until we had 200- 250 in there.

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 05:56:32 PM »

spot on. no reaons whatsoever for panic.  we're still looking good to stay up.  Honest.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »

spot on. no reaons whatsoever for panic.  we're still looking good to stay up.  Honest.

very very tight at the bottom ,some teams ie southport have very tough games to come.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »

Well said Pete.

Today feels like a kick in the bollocks but its another point we never looked like getting after Newport.

I've not read any other posts and I'm coming off here for tonight but I hope we don't crucify people for errors.  We looked tired after the "Cup tie" against Southport and I am guessing they look the same judging by that collapse against Eastbourne.

We need the people who would go to a local game to plan a day out and get down to FGR.

Packed in behind that goal we can play our part.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »

Exactly,never has the club needed us to turn out en masse before than they do next sat,we did it at tamworth and did it at weymouth,so im damn sure we can make the effort to make the 135 mile journey to FGR, you can leave alty at 12pm,and comfortabley be at the new lawn in time for the game,ive left alty at 1230 before today and been there for 240 without speeding,and youll be back for 730,if you can,make the effort,our club needs us,a game the term "6 pointer" was invented for....

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »

Absolutely agree with all that's been said, booked on with Pork Pie today, we don't do many aways but this one is a must!

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 06:43:19 PM »

Good job I've gone and bought one hundred red and white balloons, four beachballs, confetti and toilet roll isn't it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 07:35:42 PM »

A tired display in the second half from in fairness a part time team that had two games within 5 days yet again..

Having said that I predicted a point prior to the game but was really hoping for a win when we went two up..

A great effort from the lads to keep the unbeaten run going.. Didnt understand why Connors got the second yellow when he was fouled...

Message to the board let the lads have a night off on Tues give the kids a trot out and fk the Cheshire FA off... paying a fine to them will be less painful than having the lads knackered for next Saturday when the real actions continues in what has now become a MUST win fixture..

We can get down to Nailsworth next Saturday rested up and have a fkn good go at them...

Cmon Alty ... B E L I E V E

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »

Message to the board let the lads have a night off on Tues give the kids a trot out and fk the Cheshire FA off... paying a fine to them will be less painful than having the lads knackered for next Saturday when the real actions continues in what has now become a MUST win fixture..

Agree f*** tuesday off, staying in the league is far more important and Saturday is massive.

Leaving my car at home on saturday and rolling out the renault scenic for Jenga, Brads, Trucker, Harwood and The Fraser for a trip to FGR. Going to have to miss Grimsby though in favour of FGR.

bumble

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 11:11:45 PM »

Good job I've gone and bought one hundred red and white balloons, four beachballs, confetti and toilet roll isn't it

Nice stuff :) lets turn in to a proper cup final!

BELIEVE!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 12:20:39 AM »

I hear we have a full coach for this one now. Is that a full 52 seater or a minibus type?

markecky

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 12:23:46 AM »

Its a 42 seater...

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 12:34:04 AM »

Ah right, wasn't too sure on the capacity of a normal coach. Good effort in filling it though.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 08:55:37 AM »

I would have hoped that we would have at least 2 coaches from Alty for FGR. We need to aim for the the number of fans we took to Luton for the FA Cup tie which was around 400 and create a similar atmosphere. I know its a difficult place to get to by public transport, we are going by train via Reading. No doubt it this IS a MUST WIN GAME if we are to avoid the drop. What amazed me yesterday was our 3 closest relegation rivals getting unexpected away wins - and we cant take 3 points against Eastbourne on the last day for granted though hopefully they will be down by then.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team