PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match fixing at Chelsea
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Match fixing at Chelsea  (Read 6372 times)

baldrick

Match fixing at Chelsea
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »

The referee must be investigated. He's performance was beyond incompetence, it was blatant cheating.

Alex

Re: Match fixing at Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »

after im done laughing at chelski i will look into it

joe

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:05:40 PM »

Can't believe Chelsea took Drogba off and settled for one nil!!  Terrible decision by Hiddink!

penfold

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 10:20:17 PM »

Altrincham were not even playing but we still seem to have a go at ref's!  ;D
Barca fully deserved to go through they played the better football. The behaviour of Chelsea players at the end of the game was abismal if our players reacted like that we would be ashamed. Give me non league football any day.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 10:26:08 PM »

If we have to have a "Champions" League it is nice to see that the last stage actually involves teams worthy of the accolade. It will be a final worth watching even if it involves Trafford's second team  ;)
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 10:32:43 PM »

championzzzzzzzzzz...

i'd rather watch paint dry than corporate football.  zzzzzz.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 10:46:44 PM »

Barca fully deserved to go through they played the better football.

had one shot on target! the point of football is to score goals

as it happens i would prefer to have at least one non english club in the final

Alex

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 10:51:10 PM »

chelsea hardly laid seige to the barca goal though did they?

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »

The 1st leg was a carbon copy of United's performance in barca last year, the 2nd leg the same apart from Iniesta's goal (1st barca shot on target?) at the end.

Drogba should have finished it in the 2nd half for chelsea and they possibly should have had a penalty.

Were i a United fan id be delighted at getting Barca. They know how to stifle them out of games. The final will be dull.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 10:57:58 PM »

chelsea hardly laid seige to the barca goal though did they?

no but should really have had 3 or 4

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 11:00:27 PM »

when i cannot kip at 02:30 tomorrow should I watch a re-run of the game to help me sleep?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 11:39:45 PM »

The referee must be investigated. He's performance was beyond incompetence, it was blatant cheating.
How was it blatant cheating? He was bad for both sides. The ref did have a poor game. He lost control of it. He awarded free-kicks for Anelka, Malouda and Alves when they could have been cautioned for diving. He missed a blatant handball unless he believed it was accidential. The Barca player should never been sent off he never touched Anelka. The Drogba penalty incident. Drogba's shirt was pulled but he dived a couple of seconds later. The ref probably won't refing a Champions League game for a long time. But Drogba missed a sitter and he is getting paid far more than the ref got paid for tonight's game. I wonder if there is going to be a petition for the Barca red card to be recinded. Somehow I doubt it.
They really should be beating teams like us

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 11:58:25 PM »

If anyone cheated tonight it was Chelsea. Drogba and Anelka threw themselves about like Norman Wisdom having a fit, Essien committed the cheapest, nastiest and most unpleasant sort of foul in football when he raked Iniesta's calf with absolutely no interest in the ball.

And as for the allegation that it was afix to make sure only one English side made the final - I'd ban Chelsea from Europe for 5 years. Ballack, Terry and Drogba (at least) should get 10 match bans for their behaviour.

Wasn't it obvious though that Jamie Rednapp is Lampards cousin. I thought he was gonna have a stroke - quality stuff and MOST IMPORTANTLY the best side over the two legs won and it might be a decent final for once

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 08:46:16 AM »

It was hilarious, I am still laughing now.

The referee was shocking though but I dont care this time, Chelski are out.

baldrick

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 08:54:17 AM »

How was it blatant cheating? He was bad for both sides. The ref did have a poor game. He lost control of it. He awarded free-kicks for Anelka, Malouda and Alves when they could have been cautioned for diving. He missed a blatant handball unless he believed it was accidential. The Barca player should never been sent off he never touched Anelka. The Drogba penalty incident. Drogba's shirt was pulled but he dived a couple of seconds later. The ref probably won't refing a Champions League game for a long time. But Drogba missed a sitter and he is getting paid far more than the ref got paid for tonight's game. I wonder if there is going to be a petition for the Barca red card to be recinded. Somehow I doubt it.

No referee at this level could possibly be that bad. I have always believed the game was fair. Now i am sure match fixing does happen.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match fixing at Chelsea