PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fund raising idea
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fund raising idea  (Read 5467 times)

baldrick

Fund raising idea
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »

I sent this to ideas4alty. Anyone got an opinion good or bad?

I have had an idea similar to the Saturday yankee. The club nominate four football matches each Saturday. Whenever possible Altrincham will be one of the four and the others will come from the BSP or whatever division Altrincham are in at the time. The following choices are offered
Home win 1 - 0
Home win 2 - 0
Home win 2 - 1
Home win 3 - 0
Home win 3 - 1
Any other home win
Away win 1 - 0
Away win 2 - 0
Away win 2 - 1
Away win 3 - 0
Away win 3 - 1
Any other away win
Draw 0 - 0
Draw 1 - 1
Draw 2 - 2
any other draw
Players register a username and pay £1 each week to play. The player has to choose which of these results he thinks will apply to each game. One point is awarded for each correct selection and the kitty is split like this
20% is kept by the club as profit
50% is paid weekly to whoever gets the most points. Split if more than one winner
20% is awarded as a bonus to anyone who gets all four correct. Split if more than one winner. This rolls over weekly if nobody gets all four
10% is kept each week and paid at the end of the season to the players who have the 1st 2nd and 3rd highest points total for the season

This has several advantages over the yankee
1. It is football instead of racing
2. Altrincham FC are involved
3. It can be played online
4. The end of season bonus encourages people to play regularly
5. Players choose their own scores
6. The rollover will encourage entries from people who normally wouldn't play
7. Fans of other clubs can join in as it is played online

Anyone who does not have internet access can play by filling in an entry coupon available at the club during the week or in the bar on matchdays before a deadline of 2pm

Ashley Alty

Re: Fund raising idea
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »

Too complicated and most people consider the current Yankee unwinnable and therefore realistically a donation

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 03:30:15 PM »

Thanks for the latest Peakes Jacqui & Phil xxx

As for your assertion that the Yankee is little more than a donation by its members, I think the amount of money paid out to winners since it started would suggest otherwise. The Yankee is struggling like hell at the moment and the last thing it needs is negative publicity!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:35:40 PM by Alty365 »

markecky

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 04:12:54 PM »

Why is it unwinnable?

Myself and my family have had a number of trebles (i.e 1 number away from the Jackpot) over the years, possible as many as 7-8 wins of £60 plus.

Butty

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »

does sound like a good idea, may take off.
Simplified
Pay a pound a week and register your name
You are given four matches and you predict them.
You score a point for a correct guess and prizes are as follows:
Out of the total paid for a week
the person with the most weekly points wins 50%
20% goes to someone who correctly guesses all 4 results, but is rolled over every week it is unclaimed
10% a week is kept and awarded as end of season prize money

Simple, really

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:57:16 PM »

Thanks for the latest Peakes Jacqui & Phil xxx

As for your assertion that the Yankee is little more than a donation by its members, I think the amount of money paid out to winners since it started would suggest otherwise. The Yankee is struggling like hell at the moment and the last thing it needs is negative publicity!

I have no intention or desire to reopen old differences Ian but I have to say the following.

You still seem obsessed with both the number of Peakes you recieve and also from whence you percieve them to have come.

I have today Peaked eight people, of whom you were one (this was entirely due to your preoccupation with Peakes I have to say) I have also Goodwinned three people.I would suggest that more than two people are responsible for your Peake level, as it would probably require any two such people to Peake at 0.4hr intervals for about three days to get to your level and I for one have better things to do like earn a salary to pay my Mortgage. I am also intrigued to know why you never thank anybody for Goodwins

(This is becoming such a bizarre post I think I'll sell it to Monty Python)

Being serious for a second. I know a number of people who no longer take part in the Yankee and also a fair few who, as TA put it, treat it as a sort of donation.

I've tried to get people at work and in my Local Pub to join and the canvassers have in the past been round where I live but sadly people seem not to understand it or to prefer to put their £1 on the national lottery where they could win Millions.

You, TA, Ecky, Ballers, myself and others, all of whom do participate are Alty fans with the best interests of the Club at heart. Sadly not everyone is as enlightened as we so they don't take part and cannot be persuaded so to do.

We all know that you're devoted to the Club, just chill out, you'll give yourself an ulcer

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »

Too complicated and most people consider the current Yankee unwinnable and therefore realistically a donation
I bet the peson in Oldfield Brow who has just won £2250 on it this week didn't think that.
@AltyDaz

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »

I honestly find the whole Goodwin/Peake thing completely tedious and it's just a way for sad, cowardly people to have a go at someone when they can't be man enough to do it face to face. I feel I am above such cowardice.

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »

I think you would see an increase in yankee players if it could be played online. As for these Peakes, I seem to get more than my fair share but i have never really thought about who keeps doing it. Life is too short to worry about things like that.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 07:09:14 PM »

i've said it once i've said it again i like peaking people for fun, they have no real meaning and when people react it makes me laugh for being so petty!

note: i have not peaked you for a while 365 but ATS you got one on thursday oh and duke and daycare i'm coming for you mother lickers!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »

i've said it once i've said it again i like peaking people for fun, they have no real meaning and when people react it makes me laugh for being so petty!

note: i have not peaked you for a while 365 but ATS you got one on thursday oh and duke and daycare i'm coming for you mother lickers!

I agree entirely - chill out world!!!

Alty365

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 07:19:22 PM »

I think you would see an increase in yankee players if it could be played online. As for these Peakes, I seem to get more than my fair share but i have never really thought about who keeps doing it. Life is too short to worry about things like that.

What annoys me is when bitter people like TA come on here with their vendettas slagging off fundraising ideas and different aspects of the club at every opportunity. I have been trying to help the club come up with ways of reviving the Yankee over the last week or so and when "Mrs Political" comes on here slating it I find that really annoying. I know for a fact that she has been "Peakeing" me for ages and the point I'm making is that maybe she should have the guts to tell me what her problem is. However, I know she hasn't and won't.

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »

I agree entirely - chill out world!!!

That coming from the world's most humourless person.

Spangles

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 07:27:40 PM »

"I honestly find the whole Goodwin/Peake thing completely tedious and it's just a way for sad, cowardly people to have a go at someone when they can't be man enough to do it face to face. I feel I am above such cowardice

Am sorry but i'm a newbee. What is Goodwin/Peake that people are getting a tad sensitive about?

Alty365

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 07:30:57 PM »

"I honestly find the whole Goodwin/Peake thing completely tedious and it's just a way for sad, cowardly people to have a go at someone when they can't be man enough to do it face to face. I feel I am above such cowardice

Am sorry but i'm a newbee. What is Goodwin/Peake that people are getting a tad sensitive about?

The people know who they are. I have no time for cowardly sneaky people and I just wish that the people concerned would grow spines and tell me to my face what their problem is.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fund raising idea