PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2013/14 Fixtures
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2013/14 Fixtures  (Read 5586 times)

roytonmike

Re: 2013/14 Fixtures
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »

The costs of policing Stockport at Christmas (or any other Bank Holiday) can be expected to outweigh the gate income, which is probably why the club would prefer someone else at that time.
As for first game - Harrogate could well be our first midweek game; I guess we will start with an away game - North Ferriby or Hednesford, if the powers that be look to give a promoted club 'name' opposition? I'd quite like Oxford City myself.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:20:28 PM by roytonmike »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »

whoever stockport get at christmas, will face a big police bill, cant see stalybridge fancying it either and i reckon it will either be them or alty

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »

The costs of policing Stockport at Christmas (or any other Bank Holiday) can be expected to outweigh the gate income, which is probably why the club would prefer someone else at that time.
As for first game - Harrogate could well be our first midweek game; I guess we will start with an away game - North Ferriby or Hednesford, if the powers that be look to give a promoted club 'name' opposition? I'd quite like Oxford City myself.

Doesn't matter when we play Stockport, be it a B/H, Saturday, or a Tuesday night in March when the Champions League is on TV, they will bring loads and GMP will have their fill. I am sure in requesting Stockport the club have factored in the variable Police bill depending on day of the week and if its a public holiday. The ideal scenario for me is as with Wrexham and Cheater at home in recent years is the August B/H Monday. Early season optimism, good weather, no PL games-I think we'd be pushing 4k. Bearing in mind Chester was 2k and Wrexham 2.5k, I think 3.5k would be minimum.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »

Doesn't matter when we play Stockport, be it a B/H, Saturday, or a Tuesday night in March when the Champions League is on TV, they will bring loads and GMP will have their fill. I am sure in requesting Stockport the club have factored in the variable Police bill depending on day of the week and if its a public holiday. The ideal scenario for me is as with Wrexham and Cheater at home in recent years is the August B/H Monday. Early season optimism, good weather, no PL games-I think we'd be pushing 4k. Bearing in mind Chester was 2k and Wrexham 2.5k, I think 3.5k would be minimum.

good point and im sure unlike the chester, game there would be a police presence from the start

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 09:23:01 PM »

Quite happy to play Stockport on a Saturday in September or march, they'll bring just as many then and the policing costs (I would imagine) would be half that they would be on A bank holiday or at Xmas.

Promoted side at home 1st up I reckon, stalybridge on aug bank hol/Easter Monday, and then colwyn bay over Xmas.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 09:50:09 PM »

Police costs are set by a National guide line it all depends on intelligence received on how many they will have on duty, The minimum is one Sargeant an 7 officers.
@AltyDaz

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 11:24:35 PM »

Police costs are set by a National guide line it all depends on intelligence received on how many they will have on duty, The minimum is one Sargeant an 7 officers.

How much does the minimum cost out of interest? I'm guessing about £2,000?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »

When i Safety officer this was the last quote i had was, The Police costing for 1 Sergeant and 7 PC's, for a minimum of 5 hours is £2,352.80
and i believe these costs have now gone up.
@AltyDaz

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »

When i Safety officer this was the last quote i had was, The Police costing for 1 Sergeant and 7 PC's, for a minimum of 5 hours is £2,352.80
and i believe these costs have now gone up.

Maybe cheaper to offer all fans a cup of Bovril/ice cream (depending on the weather) if they behave themselves!

Altyroo

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »

Stockport at anytime of the season will be a big police presence so i dont mind when we play them. If its towards the end of the season and we are both up there, then the attendance would be huge. Possibly a conf North record. Colwyn Bay will be midweek and North Ferriby away first match of the season in my opinion.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »

With United vs Chelsea on the August Bank Holiday weekend, that may be played on Monday?? If so, can't see GMP wanting Alty vs Stockport as well.

As Hull are away first game, can see North Ferriby being at home. Would like us to be at home first game though, continue how we were 2nd half of last season at Moss Lane.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 03:23:28 PM »

City v Liverpool New Year's Day also

Hamilton

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 03:30:44 PM »

Bank Hols should be reserved for smaller teams to get in the spotlight and get bigger attendances.

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 06:36:41 PM »

Telford away, Guiseley home on the Tuesday, Brackley home, Bradford away the next Tuesday. Nice gentle start to our campaign  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2013/14 Fixtures