PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'd Like To Thank Our Board Of Directors
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I'd Like To Thank Our Board Of Directors  (Read 14873 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »

For making the funds available that we signed Connors, Johnson and Bateson and gave us a chance of staying up, when they could have thrown the towel in but didn't. On day's like today I bet you wonder why you bothered.

I'd like to thank loanees such as Piegiannni, Connors, Milne, Bateson, Wedgebury, Johnson (there may be some I've forgot) for pulling on the red and white shirt and giving it your all. There are some I don't want to ever see again.

I'd love Densmore and Smith to be be here next year but why would they?

Good luck to the above mentioned you (as we do) deserve better.

Just to give you another kick in the balls I've heard from two separte sources that K McK has been offered a scouting job by Gary Brabin.

Full time and proud of it

fuertes

Re: I'd Like To Thank Our Board Of Directors
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »

I concur. The board have been great.

I also agree that the likes of Piergianni, Connors and Wedgbury put in great efforts for us. Much better than some people here on permanent deals (one springs to mind in particular).

Personally I think Smith has had a bad attitude for a while. He seemed to go through a stage of mouthing off constantly and actively trying to pick up red cards. I'd like Densmore to stay though.

For all it's disappointing to be relegated, surely being the manager of Altrincham is a better gig than a bloody scout for Luton Town??

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »

The board of this football club have pulled up trees to try and keep us in the Blue Square Premier. Their efforts deserved so much more.

All I can say is get down to the race night next week and help the club raise as much money as possible whilst (presumably) drowning your sorrows. When all the dead wood has been swept away and the rebuilding has begun, Altrincham FC will still be here waiting for happy days to return again. We're lucky to have a club which is built on firm foundations, to have a board and volunteers who sweat blood to make sure we've got a place to watch our football on a Saturday afternoon.

Our day will come again!
Come on Alty!

ant

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »

Fair comments-without the board we'd have sunk a number of weeks ago.  It's unfortunate Ken didn't get the gig 2-3 games earlier on in the season though.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »

I too heard the rumour that Kenny Mc had been offered the scouting job with Luton (hope you stay Kenny).

My biggest wish is if we get relegated is that the supporters keep coming to watch ALTY.. I have just been reading the attendances in the BSN and apart from a few clubs the crowds are low..

I will still watch Alty even if they are fkn playing on Stamford park with jumpers as goal posts..

Keep coming to matches folks Alty need you now more than ever.........

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »

I'd have thought our average crowds would be some of the biggest. Probably around the 600 mark, allowing for a slight drop in home attendances and a big one in away followings?

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »

Let me get this straight, you're all praising your board for overspending by 1k a week in a failed effort to stay in the league??

Oh the irony!!

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »

Let me get this straight, you're all praising your board for overspending by 1k a week in a failed effort to stay in the league??

Oh the irony!!

We've only ever criticised people who take gambles they can't afford to lose. We can afford to lose this in as much as if we go down we won't have to resort to the begging bowl.

It's a fairly simple concept. I don't see why you struggle to grasp it.

joe

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 09:36:43 PM »

f**k off Vessey and concentrate your efforts on big spending,play off chasing Cambridge.... As for Kenny,if he goes,he goes. There wont be any shortage of applicants.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »

f**k off Vessey and concentrate your efforts on big spending,play off chasing Cambridge.... As for Kenny,if he goes,he goes. There wont be any shortage of applicants.

Lol.

Surely you can see why many other Conference fans are enjoying the situation you find yourself in? Ever since we've been down here all we've had is high and mighty, holier than thou Alty fans drumming into everyone's head what a fantastic well run club you are whilst taking swipes at everybody elses financial situation? Every other thread on here is usually about another team overspending. The times you won the AGM Cup you lot were desperate for teams to go to wall in a bid to stay up. You even had Heathcote writing in your programme notes doing pretty much the same thing last season. Yet as soon as your money man packed it in and drove his coach into the sunshine you did what the rest of us did - OVERSPEND and f**k it up.

VofD

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »

Oh the irony!!

F**K  OFF  YOU  F*****G  W****R

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 09:55:17 PM »

what a cock....I shall look forward to cambridge utd's look of shock when they finally drop into the 6th tier and work out a budget based on staying full time on the realistic crowds of 3,500......you f****** tw&t vessey...what a sad git lookin at our foruim at that time on a saturday night.....no doubt before his pot noodle and wank.

fuertes

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »

Don't feed the troll, please. It's the aggressive expletive-ridden insults that give him wood. Perhaps he'll leave if he's ignored now...

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »

Now you know how other teams felt with the vultures of Altrincham FC hovering over their almost dead carcass.

Never mind thanking your board of directors, they should be castigated.

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »

Now you know how other teams felt with the vultures of Altrincham FC hovering over their almost dead carcass.

Never mind thanking your board of directors, they should be castigated.

I didnt see you on the Woking forum barraging them with abuse when their chairman was actively seeking to get people thrown out of the league to save them from relegation, so why start now?

We, as a club, have never sought to get people removed from the league to save ourselves. It has just been borne of circumstance that we are still here whilst others have fallen around us.

Lets be honest, 30k is not a massive amount, an amount that will be made up for next season as the board has said, therefore leaving us back in the black. I applaud the board for making the moves to try and keep us in the league. If we do stay up then it will be easier to make that money back. If we go down our club will not fold. It's a sad sight in this league when a financially well run club gets relegated because they know they cant afford to splash money around, yet teams that are financially screwed can get into the play-off spots.

I thank the board of directors because, no matter what happens next year, I will still have a club to support in one of the highest tiers of non league football.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team