• View Profile
Awful
« on: October 20, 2007, 08:18:49 PM »

Even with them having ten men we looked average
Come on you red and white........

louise1925

Re: Awful
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 08:53:16 PM »

Were their strikers on springs, or did our defenders just forget to jump? Either way, we could struggle to keep Kendal out next week if Tinno is not fit. I'm trying my best not to be doom and gloom. Carlos Logan was again fantastic on the left flank. Not a lot else to say really.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 09:36:12 PM »

Were their strikers on springs, or did our defenders just forget to jump? .

Well, at least one of Kendal's forwards is a short arse!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 09:53:11 PM »

Were their strikers on springs, or did our defenders just forget to jump? Either way, we could struggle to keep Kendal out next week if Tinno is not fit. I'm trying my best not to be doom and gloom. Carlos Logan was again fantastic on the left flank. Not a lot else to say really.

It was a very very poor game
Come on you red and white........

louise1925

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 10:01:45 PM »

In fairness we did look a lot better as an attacking force in the second half, though the game had already gone. Hard just to blame Robbie, but we need to be looking at different options on the right side. If Tinno is injured, yet another loan centre half is needed to partner Ryan Shotton, or we could concede shedloads of goals in coming games.

flaggerN

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 12:21:06 AM »

For 29mins in the first half we were the better team but the three chances we created we did not score. They created a couple of chances and scored three goals. And who picked MoM when the likes of Scotty and Shotten had good ninety minutes.

Altyant

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 12:37:38 AM »

I think that Chris Senior should have been in with a shout for MoM. He never stopped trying all afternoon

chelsea

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 01:24:41 AM »

Yeah, but he's a good short arse...bums must be twitching now  :P

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 02:13:23 AM »

Yeah, but he's a good short arse...bums must be twitching now  :P

Why?

Are we suddenly due to play a top ten Conference side or are we still meant to be playing a mediocre Unibond side?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 07:33:55 AM »

Points on yesterdays games

Dreadful defending on set pieces. Whether it would have ben any different if Tinson had not gone off who knows.

Only three players came out of it with any credit (Scott, Senior and Logan)

How on earth was Little MOM?

Why was there no segregation? Second half had no atmosphere as fans dispersed round the ground.

Lawton surley needs to be rested. I know he's not a winger but he looked totally out his depth.

Overall very disapointed as I thought we'd get 3 points and go to Kendal with confidence, now I dread to think what will happen next Sat. especially should they score first.
Full time and proud of it

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 08:25:32 AM »

Points on yesterdays games

Dreadful defending on set pieces. Whether it would have ben any different if Tinson had not gone off who knows.

Only three players came out of it with any credit (Scott, Senior and Logan)

How on earth was Little MOM?

Why was there no segregation? Second half had no atmosphere as fans dispersed round the ground.

Lawton surley needs to be rested. I know he's not a winger but he looked totally out his depth.

Overall very disapointed as I thought we'd get 3 points and go to Kendal with confidence, now I dread to think what will happen next Sat. especially should they score first.

The segregation was dropped because there was only 31 away fans and the club owned snack bar wouldn't have made much money, As for the no atmosphere there wasn't much in the first half either at 3 nil down you could have heard a pin drop if it wasn't for that drum.
Lets pick holes on other things because we lost again, Yes not a good game but trying blame no segregation on our loss is sad.
@AltyDaz

teasybeaver

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 09:16:17 AM »

We've conceded 5 goals from crosses and corners in 2 games (not sure if the legends added to that tally on tues). I think this is a point for the training ground perhaps? The other goal was a lesson in how to finish a rebound, won't say any more about the woeful Lawton. He should never have started, not his fault.

It perplexed me that they didn't put more pressure on the wings in the 2nd half.

A right-footed left-back was the only alty player i saw with a 1st touch today, we lost a lot of time on the ball as a result. I thought Logan looked good, although he could have got a few more crosses than he did, again 1st touch lacked on 2 or 3 occasions, still did well though.

We didn't attack in the 2nd half until they had ten men, for me i'm just echoing what i've read on  here all season, but we lacked ideas until whalley came to life, even then he looked on foreign soil at times.

The only consolation was how good we were going down the left. Gary Scott pipped Logan to MoM for alty players.

Someone mentioned on the terraces that the management won't change because they don't have anyone to justify themselves too. Thats wrong, they have to justify themselves to the fans. GH said he had some difficult decisions to make in letting some long-stading players go who had done huge things for the club this season. Goodwin might find himself in a similar predicament next week if he is realistic.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 11:14:06 AM »

Goodwin might find himself in a similar predicament next week if he is realistic.

No, GH is Altrincham after all (according to Goodwin) ::)  :(

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 12:07:36 PM »

The segregation was dropped because there was only 31 away fans and the club owned snack bar wouldn't have made much money, As for the no atmosphere there wasn't much in the first half either at 3 nil down you could have heard a pin drop if it wasn't for that drum.
Lets pick holes on other things because we lost again, Yes not a good game but trying blame no segregation on our loss is sad.
[/quote]

I'm not blaming the loss on the lack of segregation! All I was saying that it makes for an even worse atmosphere than when there is.
I'm not blaming the loss on Little being MOM either.
Full time and proud of it

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 01:03:25 PM »

Do we know yet whether Stoke will allow Shotton to play in the FA Cup? Might have to be Munroe and Rose next week.

If Tinno is injured, yet another loan centre half is needed to partner Ryan Shotton, or we could concede shedloads of goals in coming games.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Awful