News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For anyone who thinks OUR form is bad

Author Topic: For anyone who thinks OUR form is bad  (Read 2420 times)

Red N White Dynamite

« on: February 12, 2007, 11:50:03 AM »

Take a look at Grays. Haven't won in the league since October and in freefall. We are inconsistent but we are still picking up points here and there. It was never going to be easy for us but 20th place is a more than realistic target. Would be delighted with a point at Crawley on Saturday and it can be done.

Saturday is in the past we must get behind the lads from start to finish and cheer them on to a good result this weekend.

teasybeaver

Re: For anyone who thinks OUR form is bad
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:12:58 PM »

Now obviously it is easy for me to say sat in my office 1000 miles away but im going to say it anyway and i suspect it will be ignored as are most of my comments.

This time 2 years ago we had no chance of seeing the conference and its overpriced grounds with anti part-time snobbery! We cant raise the bar that quickly to a point where we're not going to get trounced now and again by York and the like. We're doing well, the players work tirelessly but they are tired and dropping Azzer will do more harm than good. Another burst of points similar to xmas and we're clear of the quagmire, i really think people are forgetting how far we've come in the last two years with this squad and off-pitch team.

The players have performed miracles and azzer deserves more respect than calls for him to be dropped cos of a bad performance here or there. When ive seen him this season ive thought he provides good defensive shape a the back which is important against full-timers. The lads need a lift now, i dont think new faces will do the trick, a good win at crawley will move things forward. We should be proud just to be here, Alty are a credit to the league even if they dont get acknowledged for it. Of course we'll struggle but that really is unavoidable.

Unless of course we go full-time and bring in some mercenaries to fight for their wages? Any takers?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »

Azza seems to have become a scapegoat for many peoplewhen we have bad results and I think it is unfair. a bad run of results cannot be attributed to one invdividual and he should remain in the side. I ask those who criticise him, who would you replace him with?

It is important we stay behind the WHOLE TEAM!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 01:38:38 PM »

Gary Scott.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »

Thanks Christ for Beavers post.  He may be a 1000 miles but he is right on the ball.

I think I'll give this forum a wide berth until half term is over.

Altyant

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 07:45:54 PM »

Azza seems to have become a scapegoat for many peoplewhen we have bad results and I think it is unfair. a bad run of results cannot be attributed to one invdividual and he should remain in the side. I ask those who criticise him, who would you replace him with?

It is important we stay behind the WHOLE TEAM!

Gary Scott - easily the better of the two

fgrfan

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 08:23:57 PM »

it is possible for you guys to get a good run. a lucky win and then as the team builds confidence you will improve. we have won five of our last six conference matches and it is all down to confidence.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 11:16:47 PM »

Now obviously it is easy for me to say sat in my office 1000 miles away but im going to say it anyway and i suspect it will be ignored as are most of my comments.

This time 2 years ago we had no chance of seeing the conference and its overpriced grounds with anti part-time snobbery! We cant raise the bar that quickly to a point where we're not going to get trounced now and again by York and the like. We're doing well, the players work tirelessly but they are tired and dropping Azzer will do more harm than good. Another burst of points similar to xmas and we're clear of the quagmire, i really think people are forgetting how far we've come in the last two years with this squad and off-pitch team.

The players have performed miracles and azzer deserves more respect than calls for him to be dropped cos of a bad performance here or there. When ive seen him this season ive thought he provides good defensive shape a the back which is important against full-timers. The lads need a lift now, i dont think new faces will do the trick, a good win at crawley will move things forward. We should be proud just to be here, Alty are a credit to the league even if they dont get acknowledged for it. Of course we'll struggle but that really is unavoidable.

Unless of course we go full-time and bring in some mercenaries to fight for their wages? Any takers?

I miss you beaver you big teaser  ;D
Come on you red and white........
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team