PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 REALISTIC transfer targets
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: REALISTIC transfer targets  (Read 17764 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: REALISTIC transfer targets
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2023, 08:13:20 PM »

I'll be honest. I thought signing CCC not on loan but for real wasn't being realistic.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2023, 01:21:20 PM »

We need a marquee signing to add some oomph into what was a very flat last 6 weeks.

I'd rather than a 17-man squad with Nick Haughton, than 23-25-28 with kids.

We've lost Colclough and Mullarky from last summers squad who were  likely reasonable earners. Let's splash the cash wisely and get ourselves a new talisman.

Chris will do that, and it seems like we're going for a smaller squad. 16 adults with 2 more due in (18) +  Forde,  German, Hussain and Mortan.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2023, 06:07:46 PM »

We need a marquee signing to add some oomph into what was a very flat last 6 weeks.

I'd rather than a 17-man squad with Nick Haughton, than 23-25-28 with kids.

We've lost Colclough and Mullarky from last summers squad who were  likely reasonable earners. Let's splash the cash wisely and get ourselves a new talisman.

Chris will do that, and it seems like we're going for a smaller squad. 16 adults with 2 more due in (18) +  Forde,  German, Hussain and Mortan.

Signing CCC I think probably answers the debate from earlier in this thread - that it's about showing ambition, but in the right way. He and his girlfriend clearly adored being here and that absolutely made it worth busting our usual structure to get it done. We wouldn't have done that for someone like Nick Haughton, and rightly so.

And no, I didn't think it was remotely realistic either! Now if we could get Ty Sinclair done too...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2023, 06:34:50 PM »

I think Mooney is more likely than Sinclair would be happy with either or both

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2023, 08:05:08 PM »

Sinclair would be a dream signing, but he would cost big bucks. Agree that Dan Mooney is more likely.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2023, 08:42:59 PM »

Not Mooney I think.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2023, 09:48:55 PM »

Don’t want to see Mooney back here

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2023, 09:00:09 AM »

My feelings are a bit mixed about Dan Mooney, to be honest - I thought he was under-appreciated in his time here, and second spells never usually work out the same as the first one when you've gone somewhere else and it hasn't worked out particularly well - although you could argue Jordan did a decent job.

If he's been offered to us at the right sort of financial level - he'll have been given a huge pay rise by Southend - I'm willing to give him a go. It doesn't surprise me that his injury problems resurfaced as soon as he moved to a poorly-run club that wouldn't have been able to manage him at all.

He was tagged in a summer training session the other day with Isaac Marriott and Lewis Baines.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2023, 09:26:37 AM »

As much as it pains me, Jordan's attitude and endeavor on return won me over. I'm very much let them go (if its perm move, I always welcome back loanees, CCC, Lundstrum, Moult even Lawrie). However, Dan's young and not even player (no matter their quality) fits our system, therefore I would.

However, as above, I wouldn't break our financial model to get him, I thought he's been anonymous since we've played against him.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2023, 09:29:12 AM »

It'll be a bit disappointing if Mooney returns for a number of reasons.
1. He'll no doubt want a good wedge
2. If his injury problems are more pronounced, that's bad too.
3. Compare his loyalty and departure with that of Colclough and draw your own conclusions.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2023, 09:33:16 AM »

3. Compare his loyalty and departure with that of Colclough and draw your own conclusions.

I'm always a bit biased towards players that move in the summers vs January; and I liked Ryan a lot but I do think he could have taken us to Wembley and got an EFL move with the PO winner.

Mooney did it in summer. we just never replaced him which is why I feel a bit sour about it.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2023, 10:04:45 AM »

I'm always a bit biased towards players that move in the summers vs January; and I liked Ryan a lot but I do think he could have taken us to Wembley and got an EFL move with the PO winner.

Mooney did it in summer. we just never replaced him which is why I feel a bit sour about it.

I think what I meant was that Ryan stayed longer than we would have had a right to expect partly to repay the faith placed in him. Dan, on the other hand, jumped at the first decent (in his view) opportunity. He did it when moving to us from Chester as I recall?

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2023, 10:49:07 AM »

Tad harsh about Dan , despite the injuries he had two good years here and when out of contract accepted a better offer by a bigger club , that's life . Oh, and he did get the goal that got us where we are now .
 Both Dan and Tyrese will want to be regular starters at their clubs so unlikely to come back in this window but then again they both had their best spells and regular starts whilst here so who knows .

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2023, 11:34:31 AM »

I think either of them would be a regular starter here if they came back. The biggest problem with the return of either would be financial.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2023, 12:03:42 PM »

You would think so but then again Dan came here from Fleetwood when they were 3 leagues above us so surely chose us for regular game time wirh his local club rather than ( probably ) better terms elsewhere ( Chester ? ).
  Tells you a lot about his true character.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 REALISTIC transfer targets