News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hayes & Yeading promoted

Author Topic: Hayes & Yeading promoted  (Read 3373 times)

stevio

Hayes & Yeading promoted
« on: May 07, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »

Well done to Hayes & Yeading for their promotion tonight to the BSP. They won 3-2 at Hampton & Richmond tonight. A new team for Alty to play, as H & Y were only 'born' in 2007, when the 2 previous clubs merged. Looks like it's worked out for them. Well done.

York Alty

Re: Hayes & Yeading promoted
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 10:09:21 PM »

http://www.hyufc.net/ seems to be the offical site.

Famous players to have worn the red and white stripes (already copying the Alty!) of Hayes FC include Freddie Knight, Leslie Smith, Hayes' first full international, Len Townsend, George Wilkins, Johnny Gregory, Jimmy Bloomfield, amateur internationals Frank Bridges, Ron Gadsden, Jack Rawlings and Les Champelovier, Derek Neate, Robin Friday, Cyrille Regis, Les Ferdinand and Jason Roberts. Yeading FC have also provided the football world with Andy Impey, Lee Charles, Charlie Oatway and most recently DJ Campbell.

so now we know...

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »

Well done to Hayes & Yeading for their promotion tonight to the BSP. They won 3-2 at Hampton & Richmond tonight. A new team for Alty to play, as H & Y were only 'born' in 2007, when the 2 previous clubs merged. Looks like it's worked out for them. Well done.

Bugger, it said one nil to Hampton and Richmond on sky News! I was looking forward to a return to the Beavers!

I saw Hayes & Yeading at Bishop's stortford the other week and they were utter gash.

Yeah I know they'll take 6 points off us but not just because of my last sentence, surely...
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 09:49:33 AM »

Bugger, it said one nil to Hampton and Richmond on sky News! I was looking forward to a return to the Beavers!

I saw Hayes & Yeading at Bishop's stortford the other week and they were utter gash.

Yeah I know they'll take 6 points off us but not just because of my last sentence, surely...

.....tell it to the man who watches Hayes......
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:32:10 AM »

A bit of a bogey team for us if I recall. 

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 12:21:48 PM »

hmm...just tried to see what their ground is like and according to this they have two grounds.

Yeading's old ground the warren  is being used for their reserves but the first team will sell the church rd ground and move into the warren once it's been developed.

This is certainly ground breaking for a club to be able to sell a ground and have one ready to move into and given a few improvements and what we've seen in the conference (and go into into the league) it's not that bad?

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:BPyhG3EmXasJ:hoppysnaps.blogspot.com/2008/07/yeading-fc-warren-hayes-middlesex.html+hayes+and+yeading+ground+pics&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 01:04:51 PM »

little known link is that gareth smith ex alty goalie also played 5 games for hayes in the late 80s

i never said it was interesting, just little known...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

A bit of a bogey team for us if I recall. 

You are not wrong, Mister Guru.

We have played Hayes on four occasions, losing three games and drawing one.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hayes & Yeading promoted