News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Away fans - Rushden match

Author Topic: Away fans - Rushden match  (Read 2660 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 02, 2009, 03:07:54 PM »

Just called Rushden to enquire about ticket prices etc

Its £16 £11 for over 60's and I assume the same for youngsters.. and we will be in the end of the stand (Similar to Kettering) basically we will be stuck in the bloody corner again.

They are not opening the away end behind the goals due to it costing too much to steward. She quoted it costing them 2000 quid ffs. How fkn much money are there stewards on? 

It makes me bleeding sick the way these clubs treat away fans.

When I asked her what the ground was like she described it as like a mini Old Trafford...

I did mention the fact that they dont usually close one end at the Real Old Trafford which went down like a lead fart  ::)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Away fans - Rushden match
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »

When I asked her what the ground was like she described it as like a mini Old Trafford...

What, full of apathetic southerners munching on prawn sandwiches?

Sounds about right.
Come on Alty!

Cornerflag

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »

According to their website it's £5 for U16 and free for U8s.

;)

markecky

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 03:31:23 PM »

Just called Rushden to enquire about ticket prices etc

Its £16 £11 for over 60's and I assume the same for youngsters.. and we will be in the end of the stand (Similar to Kettering) basically we will be stuck in the bloody corner again.

They are not opening the away end behind the goals due to it costing too much to steward. She quoted it costing them 2000 quid ffs. How fkn much money are there stewards on? 

It makes me bleeding sick the way these clubs treat away fans.

I did mention the fact that they dont usually close one end at the Real Old Trafford which went down like a lead fart  ::)

The end behind the goal is all seater at Rushden though, so it doesn't make much difference?

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 04:10:48 PM »

If you fart at Rushden they will probably ask you to leave.

tottenham alty

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 05:37:54 PM »

@ London Alty - How much is the train from Kings X, and does anybody know how long it takes??

Cheers

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 06:20:19 PM »

I've only done the trip by train once and I think you go to Wellingborough (?) and then get a taxi from there. But Nene Park is a fair old way from the train station or, indeed, civilisation generally.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 06:38:36 PM »

Old Trafford doesnt have terracing at one end, which Rushden conveniently allocate to their own fans.
I recall a couple of seasons ago their Stewards threatening to eject us all for standing up in a seating area on the side, on a bitterly cold Feb afternoon.
However I wouldnt make too much of an issue as to how away fans are accommodated. Dont we make the away fans stand in the open Chequers end no matter what the weather is?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »

According to their website it's £5 for U16 and free for U8s.

;)

your probably right there matey she only said about the normal price and over 60s

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 10:22:15 PM »

Old Trafford doesnt have terracing at one end, which Rushden conveniently allocate to their own fans.
I recall a couple of seasons ago their Stewards threatening to eject us all for standing up in a seating area on the side, on a bitterly cold Feb afternoon.
However I wouldnt make too much of an issue as to how away fans are accommodated. Dont we make the away fans stand in the open Chequers end no matter what the weather is?

Actually, last season they did let the away fans stand in the covered end of the popular side on occassions when it was wet which meant us regular popular side mob had to shufty up towards the golf road end so that they could have a gap between the two sets of fans.

All this pissing about with who goes where annoys me. Either the bloody ground is open or it isnt..  

gunners11

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 11:41:03 PM »

altrincham 3-1 rushden and diamonds.sad to see danny hefferman thaker gone sowe need two or three new players again.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team