News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It wasn't a foul...

Author Topic: It wasn't a foul...  (Read 2938 times)

AltyFC

It wasn't a foul...
« on: February 01, 2008, 03:45:19 PM »

At a risk of sounding like I'm winding people up like Jacko... which isn't my intention, just my view...

That tackle on Toulson at the end of the game was not a foul. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to the game but I was able to watch it on Setanta. The tackle was a tough tackle by a big bloke which got the ball, his follow-through caught Toulson. Having watched the tackle a few times I'm sure it wasn't a foul - although the ref thought otherwise.

One day football we be a non-contact sport.

baldrick

Re: It wasn't a foul...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 05:02:57 PM »

Wasn't a foul? He nearly broke his leg

Narcissist

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »

Having seen the tackle myself several times I have to say he did manage to take the ball.

That doesn't mean it isnt a foul though. He sythed him down, it was dangerous. It was a definite booking. However, people seem to be forgetting thehideous challenges we put in last night. It wasnt all one way traffic.

altyf

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 07:21:21 PM »

It probably was a foul, despite the fact it was his trailing leg that caught him. He may well have got the ball but it was a dangerous lunge and a fair decision would have been a free-kick and no card in my opinion. Definitely looked worse live at the match than on the tele.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 07:22:31 PM »

Just because he got the ball does not mean it wasn't a foul. He went right through Toulson and I think intented to do so.

louise1925

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 08:04:56 PM »

Not a foul at all. I think if it'd been a foul, Ryan would have broken his leg!

James Black

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 08:14:31 PM »

u were watching something different to me m8 how da hell toulsens still got 2 legs fully working god know that was a horror tackle on him

AltyFC

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 08:42:02 PM »

For those people that have commented... Were you at the game or watching it on TV?

On TV you clearly see that he gets the ball FIRST and hits him on his follow-through. He was always going to take him out at that speed. He probably weighs 2-3 stone more than Toulson so has quite a bit of momentum too! Most slide tackles are dangerous in one way or another so that doesn't make it a foul. He went into the tackle fully committed (as anyone should). A half hearted tackle will leave you more susceptible to injury - anyone that has played football or knows anything about football will tell you that.

Any refs that have seen the tackle on TV care to comment?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »

For my two pence worth.

I was stood near the camera man just under the gantry and to me it looked as though Toulson was completely unaware of Morgans arcing run. Make no mistake Morgan was going to get that ball and f**k off towards our goal with it. At the last second Toulson realised and threw his body in between Morgan and the ball. He got both.

If you were stood 40 yards away from me where the singers were I imagine it would have looked absolutely terrible.

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 10:15:31 PM »

For my two pence worth.

I was stood near the camera man just under the gantry and to me it looked as though Toulson was completely unaware of Morgans arcing run. Make no mistake Morgan was going to get that ball and f**k off towards our goal with it. At the last second Toulson realised and threw his body in between Morgan and the ball. He got both.

If you were stood 40 yards away from me where the singers were I imagine it would have looked absolutely terrible.

It did. Having watched it on TV afterwards it was no worse than JJs on that annoying midget. To be fair to JJ he did quite well. An inch higher and he would have taken Lambu's head off.

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 11:41:46 PM »

Not a foul in my opinion either.

Longman

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »

I was stood with the singers and when I initially saw it I was horrified, it looked like the worst tackle I had seen in ages, however when I got home and watched it on the tele I realised he actually played the ball!!!

My opinion - No foul.  We all moan about football being toned down and becomming a non contact sport etc, well it was the exact kind of tackle that defines English football, physical and committed.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It wasn't a foul...