News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Connor says it all

Author Topic: Connor says it all  (Read 1714 times)

Dougals Dad

Connor says it all
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:37:37 PM »

90 mins - Time has nearly run out and Alty's players look truly dejected out there.
They've given their all but have still come away with nothing - sometimes there is just no justice in this world.
The two Grahams are just standing motionless, i don't think they know quite what to make of this.

GOAL - 90(+4) mins - Alty 2 (Little) Crawley 3 - A late consolation for Alty as Little chips Bayes to make the scoreline more respectable.
It matters little though, as the Robins will still go home with absolutely nothing.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Connor says it all
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »

I'm looking forward to the report and post match reaction.

Anyone slashed the tyres on those Crawley cars yet!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Dougals Dad

Re: Connor says it all
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:42:46 PM »

Wouldn't it be funny if they forget one or 2 of the players ("What? I thought he was in your car") or if the credit cards are refused at the petrol station.

Dougals Dad

Re: Connor says it all (and some!)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:43:10 AM »

FULL TIME - I feel like I've had my heart ripped clean from my chest.
When you follow a team so closely it's impossible not to make an emotional investment in them and on nights like this that means utter dejection.
But if I feel like this, it's hard to imagine how the players, coaches and fans feel. They really must be inconsolable.
After a defeat like this, you seriously worry about Alty's chances of survival and considering the result hinged on a questionable - and that's being kind - refereeing decision, it's enough to drive you to despair.
Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson ranted about the standard of refereeing after his side's FA Cup exit at the weekend and he's not even been subjected to the officials in the Blue Square Premier.
Too often we see incompetent, whistle-happy referees ruin games and that's certainly been the case tonight.

So thanks Mr Procter-Green, you've made my night.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Connor says it all