PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Strategy Review on main website
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Alty Strategy Review on main website  (Read 16837 times)

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:34:22 PM »

The review is now available on the Altrincham  FC website..... enjoy

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty Strategy Review on main website
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 03:54:27 PM »

A solid looking review and reflecting the thoughts of many (not all) that I speak with.  Its clearly what happens next that really matters
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 04:23:18 PM »

Yeah I've read it...and didn't enjoy it.

So what's gonna change in the grand scheme of things on the back of this Strategic Plan exactly ? Apart from a recognition about diversity (and the lack thereof) within the current set up, the need for a new website at long last, and acknowledgement that there is general perception about the cliques within the place (which everyone is aware of) then I don't see anything groundbreaking.

Ok, it does say that First Team matters should always take priority ( perhaps in itself this is acknowledgement that in recent times this has not been the case ) ....but if it has taken months to come to that conclusion then I despair. I was hoping there would be more depth to the future plans for the First Team because the current Board have got us into this mess by a series of poor appointments and cover ups since Lee Sinnott left. Do the mainstream support have faith that the Board will suddenly make a sensible appointment to take us back through 2 promotions back to the National after our inevitable relegation this season ....a resounding " no " would be the answer to that.

Are the Board even aware of the lack of atmosphere now on match days, outsung by 15 away fans at the weekend for example, as a general apathy has spread round the place? I'm not sure they do.

There's loads of other things we can improve to help the match day experience. A decent tannoy would be a start, and an attempt to interact with the support .....instead of a rushed team announcement (normally as the teams come out) which no-one can hear because of the lightning speed it is announced at, and the quality of the sound. The Plan praises Alty TV, RR (quite correctly) ...but for the match going fan the experience is very poor. Not a huge thing you might say, but this is all part of retaining support and encouraging new fans.

We are kept in the dark about injury updates on players in general, the whole thing is poor considering the claims to have the fans at heart. I'll be there on a Sunday night to see what is said on the back of this, but I honestly believe there has to be changes at the top for any significant improvements to be made

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:23:30 PM »

"A stretched but realistic ambition to be a national league club within 5 years"

Stretched? f**k off, We Were one 10 months ago. Nothing but promotion next season, simple as that.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »

"A stretched but realistic ambition to be a national league club within 5 years"

Stretched? f**k off, We Were one 10 months ago. Nothing but promotion next season, simple as that.

We're a National League club now.....albeit not in the National DIVISION of that league. So I hope that's a terminological in exactitude !

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 04:42:09 PM »

It's only a summary, to be fully discussed Sunday etc but it spectacularly misses the point that if you cosily do what you've always done you'll always get the same outcome.

Also misses the point that ambitions aren't realistic, they're what you do to better yourselves. Not talking pie in the sky ambitions but my God.

Are we going to show no bollocks whatsoever for another 5/10/15 years now. The mindset does more damage than Maunders or Berman ever did.

And judging by Saturday the angry vocal minority's about 200 people, nearly a quarter of regular attendees.

So we'll see what the board say.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 04:55:42 PM »

Also, the slip that reveals a lot, and is really quite disgraceful really but shows where it's coming from..

. Also because of the extensive involvement of the Rowleys (which is overwhelmingly valued on a day to day basis), the word “family” has become loaded, and opponents target this aspect of the Club culture.

I wasn't aware that the club had any 'opponents', everyone has contributed as a fan haven't they. Or are those heretical enough to question this particular aspect of the club now 'opponents'?

Whatever you may think of the Rowley family (I'll go on record here as saying they're longstanding fans but imo their extensive involvement is not especially conducive due to good governance- and neither do I feel obliged to immediately point out the work they do, although I do of course see it) if you dare to question it you're an 'opponent'. Good grief.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 05:15:53 PM »

The fact the Rowley family do a lot of work behind the scenes and on match days has absolutely nothing to with the the mess the football side of the club has found itself in under the chairmanship of Grahame Rowley and the two shouldn't be connected when the future is discussed.

DidsburyAlty

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 06:00:39 PM »

I don't mind the word opponents.
I think it's important and been carefully chosen.

Board members and Rowley members were interviewed during this process so if they see themselves as having opponents then that is a good thing. They realised they don't have the full fans backing. And feel there are two sides currently which there are.

Taking this as fact, the board (not Grahame) must now convince fans that they can deal with this situation properly and if needs be take decisive action

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 06:02:17 PM »

5 years is not very ambitious! Surely we should be aiming to come straight back up then be ready to challenge in the North 2 seasons after?!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 06:06:18 PM »

I think it's very badly chosen and does not suggest impartiality. I kind of agree with DJTG but even the most unjustly critical of the Rowleys aren't anything other than fans surely.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 06:45:24 PM »

An interesting read

Few interesting points

What surprised me there is very little if any agreed actions from the review

I would have expected recomendations to have been included given the time taken

For example wages doubling but quality dropping how do we address it and when.  I get the youth links but what happens if we don't have the talent

I was surprised not to see some quick wins in there around fan and board relationships

For example . A fan on the board that swaps every year, monthly alty tv interview with Graham, face to face time with Graham monthly in the bar , using social media in different ways to communicate , setting up  fund for the ground and how much we will raise and how and over how long

Plans for next seasons recruitment  ,openness on the plans for the new manger , admission prices and how we intend to fill the revenue gap

My list is not exhaustive.  But I am surprised at least a couple of recommendations were not made for each finding

More time will be taken for this and before you know it we will be playing Nantwich

I don't understand the short medium and long term objectives from this and next season will be here very soon
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:46:55 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 07:05:53 PM »

Unfortunately, it is just a review to establish where we are currently, and where we need to be. The board need to digest it and decide which messages they want to take on board and what that means in terms of action.

I don't see any problem with using the word opponent. What better word is there for someone who is opposed to the current way of running the club?

Observations like, the ground is tired and there needs to be paid staff on the footballing side represents a threat to the funds for the team. I'm not saying it doesn't need doing but it does need prioritising correctly. 

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 07:10:27 PM »

Unfortunately, it is just a review to establish where we are currently, and where we need to be. The board need to digest it and decide which messages they want to take on board and what that means in terms of action.

I don't see any problem with using the word opponent. What better word is there for someone who is opposed to the current way of running the club?

Observations like, the ground is tired and there needs to be paid staff on the footballing side represents a threat to the funds for the team. I'm not saying it doesn't need doing but it does need prioritising correctly.  
Yes agree and understand . But without any clear actions and commitments it's just words at present

Time will tell I suppose

But we all know time is ticking and some clear action is urgently needed now to ensure next season that our decline halts and we enter into stability. Then we can think more about 2022

A wise woman said to me once if it's pissing it down and your roof had holes in it you fix that first before worrying about needing a new TV

I'm sure you get the logic
ParkINson's red and white army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 07:18:12 PM »

I wasn't disagreeing Wayno. Hopefully, a few ideas might be forthcoming on Sunday.

It is interesting that there was an increase in players wages last year but the percentage of expenditure spent on players wages went down. We must have spent lots of money on something else. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team