PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yeovil Match Thread  (Read 11140 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yeovil Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2021, 10:24:53 AM »

Some great pics of the return of us fans amongst attached...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelripleyphotography/albums/72157719295674690/page1

Plus here's yesterday's winning goal...

https://twitter.com/brads77777/status/1396139457338822656?s=20

Excellent photos by Michael Ripley.
Superb..

andrewflynn

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2021, 12:16:48 PM »

Great game and day out, fantastic to see the fans back. We win that 3/4-1 with Hannigan in defence and Moult in his usual position. I really hope that late winner was one of those 'turning point' moments and we can kick on from here. Tightened up in the right areas, with a bit of added quality from another summer of good recruitment, and we can kick on next season.

Only small gripe was the overly abusive heckling of the Yeovil keeper. I'm no stranger to having a bit of a pop at a player but that was seriously tedious and as mardy as it'll sound, it went into the realms of verbal abuse for me. What I've always loved about the Golf Road End is you'll get an intelligent quip or heckle shouted at a player that deserves it. Continually shouting nonce and paedo at the keeper is very basic and not what we should be about. Happy to put it down to first-game-back day out mentality but if that's going to be the norm next season I'll be really disappointed.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2021, 01:02:34 PM »

Sad to hear such stories as no place for that sort of heckling... as you say, good to have bit of banter or a little pop here & there, but above is a step too far... thankfully didn't notice any similar heckling from Chequeres End where i was...

It was a great day, great result, & brilliant to have fans back... that's what i'll remember about the game... COYR!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2021, 01:05:45 PM »

Fans are back! :)
More great pictures from yesterday from Jonathan Moore...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathanmoore1/sets/72157719300388190/

Earlier pics from Michael Ripley...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelripleyphotography/albums/72157719295674690/page1
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2021, 02:43:50 PM »

I wasn't stood behind the goal and didn't participate in or condone any abuse of the keeper, but in fairness, with his antics he hardly helped himself. Gesturing at the fans and yelling, '"I'm loving it' when they went 3 2 up was hardly endearing himself to them, was it?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2021, 03:04:54 PM »

Going to have to agree with Andrew, it was tedious
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2021, 03:18:54 PM »

I wasn't stood behind the goal and didn't participate in or condone any abuse of the keeper, but in fairness, with his antics he hardly helped himself. Gesturing at the fans and yelling, '"I'm loving it' when they went 3 2 up was hardly endearing himself to them, was it?

He got dogs abuse from the moment he jogged towards the goal for the start of the second half. I agree he did nothing but encourage it but he was well within his rights to give a bit back, especially at the point of going 3-2 up! I'd have been doing a knee slide and all sorts.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2021, 06:38:32 PM »

He got dogs abuse from the moment he jogged towards the goal for the start of the second half. I agree he did nothing but encourage it but he was well within his rights to give a bit back, especially at the point of going 3-2 up! I'd have been doing a knee slide and all sorts.

He got some general light hearted banter and stick from the Chequers and engaged with it.....anything else over and above this and constant verbal abuse of an unsavoury nature is not on and is an embarrasment to the club....he is just a fella doing his job which is being a goal keeper
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:40:24 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2021, 07:36:08 PM »

Impressive coiffure display by Alistair Smith:

https://flic.kr/p/2m18U5B
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2021, 09:16:38 AM »

He got some general light hearted banter and stick from the Chequers and engaged with it.....anything else over and above this and constant verbal abuse of an unsavoury nature is not on and is an embarrasment to the club....he is just a fella doing his job which is being a goal keeper

Calling him a see you next Tuesday every other minute. Calling him a peado, asking if he touches up children.

All unecessary, I'd rather we were a bit smarter and quicker witted than that, or just sang. It was loud for 200 people on that terrace.

The heckling of the goalkeeper, encouraged non regulars to join in, when they were shouted down, it ended very unsavoury in an assault after the game had finished.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2021, 10:46:04 AM »

You would quite possibly have sunk about 2 feet if you had of done a knee slide in the soggy golf road corner 😉

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2021, 10:55:07 AM »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2021, 10:55:58 AM »

If you dish it out, you've got to be able to take it back. However, calling him a paedo shows a distinct lack of class. I remember being uncomfortable when Alty fans referred to a short Chester player as a  'dwarf-midgit' a few years ago. There has to be a line really.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread