PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 After Saturday....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: After Saturday....  (Read 3268 times)

Alty365

After Saturday....
« on: January 08, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »

.....to achieve that result against a team unbeaten in 7 games must easily rank as our best result of the season. Well done to players and management alike for picking themselves up and doing the business tonight.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: After Saturday....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:43:27 PM »

Agrre on paper by far the best win at thome, must also :D rank with the Crawley win?

Again well done lads and GH.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:55:21 PM »

The sheer satisfaction of beating any team managed by Steve Evans would always edge it for me.God knows what he'll say if we manage to double them this season. Crawley away of course another fantastic strike by Wozza.

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:57:13 PM »

I didn't think we displayed a great deal more quality than we usually do, but you just got the impression that with the influx of conference standard players we've acquired recently, there was more steel to the team. We were competent at the back and in the middle of the park and in the end we were able to match a decent enough side and outscore them. I'd fancy our chances now against mid table teams at home and that might, just might be enough to keep us up. Jennings was the man of the match and rightly so, though special mention to Ryan Shotton (immense again) and the young lad King in midfield (the likes of whom we have missed badly all season).

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 11:58:17 PM »

So pleased for Warren. Two crucial winning goals in addition to all the graft he puts in week after week.  

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 12:00:48 AM »

I didn't think we displayed a great deal more quality than we usually do, but you just got the impression that with the influx of conference standard players we've acquired recently, there was more steel to the team. We were competent at the back and in the middle of the park and in the end we were able to match a decent enough side and outscore them. I'd fancy our chances now against mid table teams at home and that might, just might be enough to keep us up. Jennings was the man of the match and rightly so, though special mention to Ryan Shotton (immense again) and the young lad King in midfield (the likes of whom we have missed badly all season).

The above would appear to support the pre-Christmas arguments that we were not far short of a side capable of staying in this league.

Longman

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 12:01:24 AM »

I also think a special mention should go to Robbie Lawton who battled his tits off all game!

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 12:03:41 AM »

I also think a special mention should go to Robbie Lawton who battled his tits off all game!

Just shows what a difference it makes playing him in his true position. He was wasted out on the right wing. Well done for your perseverence Robbie. A lesser man would have looked elsewhere but you stayed at Alty and fought for the cause.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 12:04:24 AM »

Louise, you are correct, but there is definately an improvement.

The will to win the ball, such as Jennings for the first goal made the difference. All players gave 100% and kept going.

Longman

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 12:11:28 AM »

Really did make you proud to be an Alty fan tonight!  However we must keep this level of desire and performance going, especially at home!

markecky

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 08:26:40 AM »

James Jennings is superb.  He joins Phil Power and first season Leroy as people from Macc I actually like.

The players ran and ran last night, and our goals were top notch.

Great to see smiling faces at the end of the game.

It is supposed to be enjoyable!

Frosty

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 08:44:28 AM »

hear hear Ecky.

I also prefer to see smiling faces rather than dennis and david birch having a rumble outside thresher!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 08:56:20 AM »

MARVELLOUS !!!!

Now lets make Moss Lane the Fortress it should be .. GREAT result against an inform team ... WELL DONE EVERYONE !

The Fan

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »

Shouts of "We are Rampant" have not been heard for many a while !!!!

I thought Jennings was superb. Cahill looked to have something about him too and put himself about a bit. He also won his fair share of headers which is something we have lacked for a long time. Lawton HAS to play in the centre. Peyton ran his socks off. New lad at the back looks a decent defender (bar the mix up for their goal) but his distribution looked iffy.

I was also overjoyed that our corners were actually genuine goalscoring threats last night as opposed to the looping 20/80 balls we have been producing. Chris Lane must be the unluckiest man at the club though to lose his place but you can't argue with Shotton at right back.

Gutsy performance (which is all we ever ask for) and the right result. Well Done Lads !!!!!

Now, if we could just get something against York .......

Alex

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 09:43:37 AM »

lane's got that virus thing thats been on the news (i think, that was the common conclusion on the terrace last night) and was on the bench despite being at home
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 After Saturday....