PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bad night
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A bad night  (Read 19646 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A bad night
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 07:34:57 PM »

Can somebody please tell me why we always seem to kick off every game playing to the Golf Road end?

Surely it is more advantageous kicking to the covered Golf Road end in the second half where the covered stands enhance the sound of the supporters. We seem to start 90% of our games kicking to the Golf Road end, but I am not convinced who lose the same amount of coin tosses at the start.

I know this isn't the Old Trafford of old, but feel the atmosphere during the second half should work to our advantage playing to the Golf Road.

Any other comments?? 
iv thought that for years because it's not a new thing

Did we used to attack the Golf Rd in the second half in the 90s?

I have a vague recollection that we used to.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Flare Boy

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 08:42:01 PM »

Can somebody please tell me why we always seem to kick off every game playing to the Golf Road end?

Surely it is more advantageous kicking to the covered Golf Road end in the second half where the covered stands enhance the sound of the supporters. We seem to start 90% of our games kicking to the Golf Road end, but I am not convinced who lose the same amount of coin tosses at the start.

I know this isn't the Old Trafford of old, but feel the atmosphere during the second half should work to our advantage playing to the Golf Road.

Any other comments?? 

Agree 100% with this, surely attacking an end full of your fans spurring you on can be nothing but a positive.

Also if the club continue with allowing the away fans into the pop side it wouldn't put us at so much of a disadvantage come second half and we would be able to actually see the game.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 10:58:47 PM »

My memory is that we generally kicked towards the Golf Rd in the 2nd half in the 80s and well into the 90s, certainly, and it makes more sense that way, just as Liverpool, say, generally attack the Kop end in the 2nd half.

I suspect it's something that evolved by accident - initially when the home changing room moved and we started entering the field between the Main Stand and the Family Stand, meaning we naturally warmed up at the Chequers end, leading to attacking the Golf Rd end 1st half being the default position. I don't know why it happens now though - we emerge on the Chequers side of the tunnel which, after the handshakes, should take us out towards the Golf Rd.

It's a small detail but the sort of thing a really meticulous manager would correct and I do believe it would make a difference, and a bigger one than the players and management might think.

taxi Phil

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 11:03:32 PM »

Of course, it could just be that we keep losing the toss.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 08:55:26 AM »

We all make mistakes at work and in our lives, so it is not fair to keep having a pop at those that run and help the club.

I do appreciate what you're saying, but it should work both ways. The way our fans have been treated over the segregation/Popular Side issue is very, very poor.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »

i agree however i think the frustration is its the same mistake over and over again against fans with history
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 10:42:25 AM »

Every week for years

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2016, 11:00:27 AM »

I heard its because the players prefer for the away team to attack to no one in the second half as they have us on the side roaring them on towards the chequers end, somthing the also gets lost when we get bullied by 200 smacked arses from Chester that haven't got a raincoat. That's not me being sarcastic, that's what I heard a while back after posing the same question. After stewing on Tuesday night for a couple of days, I think the only way forward is to give the family stand seats to away supporters. I know this might upset a few people but it far outweighs upsetting the majority. Observations from Tuesday night, home fans that stand up annoyed that the middle section of the pop side was so full people where left with little choice but to opt for a restricted view or get piss what through. People in the main stand being taunted by gloating away supporters. Supporters conversations in the bar at half time being interjected by Chester supporters who got in their via sitting in the main stand.

On that basis, match sponsors have their meals etc in the sponsors lounge pre match, are then taken to the padded seating within the main stand. At half time they are entertained within a dedicated area of the csh or in the Vice Presidents lounge. The chequers end and the small seated stand are is for away supporters, they can use the Vice Presidents lounge at half time as a can/bottle bar entering the side door nearest the main stand thus no need to go anywhere near the offices. This would
Mean NO away supporters would have any reason to go in any home area of the stadium, and they could still get a drink at half time. There's no easy answer, but I think this is the best solution, it worked superbly against Barnsley, and only needs implementing for certain fixtures. After being 2 goals down and talking in the home clubs bar at half time amongst friends I really don't need some prick from Chester interjecting uninvited in to the conversation.

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2016, 11:05:42 AM »

They can sit in the stand anyway

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »

They can sit in the stand anyway

If they had dedicated away seating they could be told they couldn't sit in the main stand, and would be thrown out/moved like at most other grounds if they did

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2016, 11:35:10 AM »

Unable to get to Moss lane due to my wife being seriously ill.
All I want to say is regarding the segregation problem ( which has been a particular beef of mine over the years) is.
Same old Same old. There obviously isn't any real urgency or keenness to rectify this age old problem by the football club otherwise the club wouldn't keep doing this. The Chester fans could have easily been put in the away end behind the goal.

As passionate forumites have stated on numerous occasions  especially when we play crucial games ie 6 pointers against local opposition the club frustrate home fans by ensuring away fans are nice and cosy whilst the Alty faithful are treated like lepers.

We need to make the most of our home game advantage.

The cost to rectify this problem is virtually zero pence. Just use the away end for what its meant for. The clue is in the description ie AWAY end.

Keep letting this situation fester and one day those same passionate fans may not be there anymore.

Hope everything turns out ok for your wife Ray.
Thinking of you both.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2016, 06:13:45 PM »

It took us 86 minutes to muster our first shot on target against a goalkeeper who was making his debut for Chester.

Steve Burr himself could have played in goal for them.

An utter embarrassment of poverty.

Unacceptable.....both on and off the pitch.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2016, 07:12:46 PM »

It took us 86 minutes to muster our first shot on target against a goalkeeper who was making his debut for Chester.

You're lucky.....you only had a restricted view !

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »

You're lucky.....you only had a restricted view !

Phil,

Any more capitulations like the Chester game and I'll be petitioning for the Community Sports Hall to be extended....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »

I think Figgy has it right, the so called family stand should be an away fans seating area, how often is the main stand full and as far as kids are concerned it is hardly an effing and jeffing area. Food and toilets might need adjusting but surely that is the easiest quick fix.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bad night