PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Eastleigh - Match Thread  (Read 18041 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Eastleigh - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 12:25:46 AM »

Didn't see tonight's game so won't say anything about that but after our opening 5 home games and with the appalling luck we've had with injuries and the very high calibre of opponents I'm sure we'd have all been delighted with 10/15 points. Saturday will in a strange way be our toughest game yet, a club with similar resources and focused first on staying up, can we deliver when the onus is on us like we so frequently failed to do so last season.

Quite, 7 out of our 10 games have come against the top 8 (and we've played enough games now for the table to have meaning): http://www.statto.com/football/teams/altrincham

We've only played to games agains sides outside the top 10 and they've both been away...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 01:02:23 AM »

The manager's son has started in all league games. >:( >:(
And yet again tonight, he did sweet f**k all. >:(

What did you want him to do? He didn't do anything wrong at all this evening and was pretty steady.

He could clear the ball off the line from a corner, run onto his own clearance and go one on one, round the keeper and score, cartwheel over to you and present you with a cake and you'd still not have any of it.

I just wish that his (former central defender) father would teach him how to make a tackle.....or even persuade him to attempt one!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hamilton

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 01:30:05 AM »

Anyone who went: were Eastleigh lucky to still have 11 men on the pitch by the end. The RR commentary suggested there could/should have been a couple of reds.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 06:29:17 AM »

After time to reflect that was a point won

A game low on quality with 2 fantastic strikes

The ref made a number of questionable decisions in my opinion one being a free kick at the end of the first half instead of a drop ball which summed up the way he bottled it
ParkINson's red and white army

ripleym

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 06:49:43 AM »

Anyone who went: were Eastleigh lucky to still have 11 men on the pitch by the end. The RR commentary suggested there could/should have been a couple of reds.

I think their number 5 should have walked for 2 yellows, for sure. There were others where a different ref may have given a straight red.

roytonmike

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 07:38:12 AM »

To be fair, Eastleigh's football ability deserved reward from the game; our battling quality - exemplified by the outstanding Rankine - also deserved reward, so a draw was probably a fair outcome. What sticks in my craw is the opposition's attitude. A pre-Christmas present of a set of wooden spoons (stirring for the use of) would be appropriate for their players, whose attitude undoubtedly influenced the referee's performance.
One final point - for heaven's sake leave our no. 20 alone! The lad just can't win, so let it rest! (Cult - your point could equally well be made of Bowerman, Crowther and Lawrie to name but three ...)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:40:30 AM by roytonmike »

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 08:22:28 AM »

I've come to the opinion that Sinnott Jr is not a tackler , but has some quality's , he can cross , has a decent throw ,and he can take a good freekick , butI don't think he would play every game if not the manager's son , he isn't as good as some players we let go , eg wilko for one and Greg never got the chances Jordon has been given .

Hamilton

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 08:25:17 AM »

ripleym

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2015, 08:30:55 AM »

If that had been one of our players going in on an Eastleigh player, they would have made the most of it, and then surrounded the ref to get our man sent off.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 08:49:03 AM »

My summary last night, from back to front:

Deasy - had nothing of note to really do, and can't be blamed for the equaliser (both goals were in as soon as they'd left the scorer's foot)
CB's - one area of the pitch we have absolutely no fears about. Leather was an absolute class act. Constable barely got a look in.
FB's - both quite quiet, brilliant tackle by Griffin to set away Lawrie for our goal
CM's - Moult as reliable as ever. I agree Parry isn't a CM and epitomises how patched up we currently are. There will be a world of difference when Richman comes back in.
Sinnott - has a good delivery in him (although he's better with this from open play than set pieces), simply doesn't do enough to warrant his place in the starting XI - that's the truth. He wasn't the worst on the pitch however... (see below)
Bowerman - where do I start? What annoys me more is he screams for the ball, whinged when he didn't get it, and was useless when he did. Crowther to come in from the start on Saturday.
Lawrie - thought he had a decent game, looked dangerous off Rankine's shoulder, and he seems to pull these moments out of the blue so often.
Rankine - what a man. He was everywhere. What I thought was interesting was his argument with Lee early on, with Lee screaming at him to 'do what you're f*cking told' - I can't see what more he could have done!

I would have replaced Lawrie with Reeves last 15, and asked Damian just to 'put a shift in'. You never know, he could have tucked away something like that chance Lawrie had in the box. Also, he's not going to get fit otherwise.

The ref was clearly keen to keep everyone on the pitch - I wouldn't say his decisions were disgraceful, but yes - Eastleigh's number 5 could easily have walked after racking up a few offences (including one very rash tackle which he did get his booking for).

Draw a fair result on balance.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 08:50:16 AM »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelripleyphotography/21264721789/in/album-72157656343938364/  looks like a red card tackle with studs up!

If I recall, the freekick went Eastleigh's way and Bowerman booked! The referee was sh*te.

VofD

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 09:19:35 AM »

I've come to the opinion that Sinnott Jr is not a tackler , but has some quality's , he can cross , has a decent throw ,and he can take a good freekick , butI don't think he would play every game if not the manager's son , he isn't as good as some players we let go , eg wilko for one and Greg never got the chances Jordon has been given .

Correct.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 09:20:19 AM »

The ref was intimidated by Eastleigh from bench to captain all evening, not acceptable, they should have ended the game with nine, second season on the trot they've mugged us here by getting at the officials

VofD

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 09:22:30 AM »

My summary last night, from back to front:

Deasy - had nothing of note to really do, and can't be blamed for the equaliser (both goals were in as soon as they'd left the scorer's foot)
CB's - one area of the pitch we have absolutely no fears about. Leather was an absolute class act. Constable barely got a look in.
FB's - both quite quiet, brilliant tackle by Griffin to set away Lawrie for our goal
CM's - Moult as reliable as ever. I agree Parry isn't a CM and epitomises how patched up we currently are. There will be a world of difference when Richman comes back in.
Sinnott - has a good delivery in him (although he's better with this from open play than set pieces), simply doesn't do enough to warrant his place in the starting XI - that's the truth. He wasn't the worst on the pitch however... (see below)
Bowerman - where do I start? What annoys me more is he screams for the ball, whinged when he didn't get it, and was useless when he did. Crowther to come in from the start on Saturday.
Lawrie - thought he had a decent game, looked dangerous off Rankine's shoulder, and he seems to pull these moments out of the blue so often.
Rankine - what a man. He was everywhere. What I thought was interesting was his argument with Lee early on, with Lee screaming at him to 'do what you're f*cking told' - I can't see what more he could have done!

I would have replaced Lawrie with Reeves last 15, and asked Damian just to 'put a shift in'. You never know, he could have tucked away something like that chance Lawrie had in the box. Also, he's not going to get fit otherwise.

The ref was clearly keen to keep everyone on the pitch - I wouldn't say his decisions were disgraceful, but yes - Eastleigh's number 5 could easily have walked after racking up a few offences (including one very rash tackle which he did get his booking for).

Draw a fair result on balance.

Spot on.

Hamilton

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 09:23:51 AM »

The ref was intimidated by Eastleigh from bench to captain all evening, not acceptable, they should have ended the game with nine, second season on the trot they've mugged us here by getting at the officials

When it's on-line listen to the RR commentary - particularly the first 25 mins of the 2nd half. Well worth listening to.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh - Match Thread