PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dale...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dale...  (Read 11931 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dale...
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »

James Lawrie is 10x the player Dale Johnson is.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 12:52:10 PM »

It's an interesting comparison because Lawrie, like Dale, is a player who has a tendancy to "go missing" occasionally. Lawrie is undoubtedly a more skilful and gifted footballer, but his goal return is fairly disappointing for a supporting striker in my opinion. I like James but he definitely needs to score more goals.
Come on Alty!

whopper

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »

so 1. we are better than halifax even though they are 6 points clear of us with a game in hand.

2. Lawrie is 10 times the player Dale is at the moment even though Lawrie has 3 and Dale has 7 goals this season.

I think someones talking sh*t  8)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 03:16:52 PM »

Well hopefully we will get chance to compare them on Saturday.

For me Dale on his day is better than James on his day.

However I do agree James has fewer off day's than Dale did when he was here.

whopper

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 03:26:17 PM »

surely its partly up to the manager to get the most of his players too.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »

It's an interesting comparison because Lawrie, like Dale, is a player who has a tendancy to "go missing" occasionally. Lawrie is undoubtedly a more skilful and gifted footballer, but his goal return is fairly disappointing for a supporting striker in my opinion. I like James but he definitely needs to score more goals.

Lawrie is played in a half a dozen different positions though (well...3) - left wing, right wing, supporting striker. If Sinnot can make up his mind where to play him (ideally off Reeves) with Clee/Watmore on either wing, I think we'll see more consistent performances :)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 03:43:59 PM »

2. Lawrie is 10 times the player Dale is at the moment even though Lawrie has 3 and Dale has 7 goals this season.

Compare their records for Altrincham.

62vintage

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »

I would take James Lawrie over Dale Johnson everytime, simply because Johnson did not want to be at alty and James obviously does.

whopper

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »

Compare their records for Altrincham.
dale was playing against bsp players for us as a struggling team while lawrie is playing against bsn players for us as an average team it doesnt compare

whopper

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »

I would take James Lawrie over Dale Johnson everytime, simply because Johnson did not want to be at alty and James obviously does.
but the manager has to take responsibility as to why the player wasn't at his full potential for us?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »

but the manager has to take responsibility as to why the player wasn't at his full potential for us?

[/b]

Then I suggest that you pop into Timperley Cricket Club and discuss that matter with your close personal friend and former Alty manager, Graham Heathcote, or even give Ken McKenna a call at Morecambe and pick his brains on the subject...
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »

Dale didnt play well for us at a higher level for me dale is the better of the two however were happy with jimmy dale's moved on everyone's a winner

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »

He tries once a month
He tries once a month
The lazy fat bastard
He tries once a month

Pretty much sums him up for me. Great talent but you dont get it enough.
Full time and proud of it

whopper

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »

[/b]

Then I suggest that you pop into Timperley Cricket Club and discuss that matter with your close personal friend and former Alty manager, Graham Heathcote, or even give Ken McKenna a call at Morecambe and pick his brains on the subject...
haha u do cheer me up cult, do you not like timperley cc? Did they not give u a chance at cricket  ;)cheerly gh couldnt get the best out of him, maybe it was his circumstances or the fact senior and little were around? Anyway lets hope he doesnt score against us, thats one thing we might agree on!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »

Johnson left a club where he was well liked, had a cult following, and was treated brilliantly to sign for droylsden for about £50 a week more, which probably equated to about £17 a week after tax, his choice, goodbye, not the sort of approach we want in our squad, regardless of the odd half decent performance now and again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dale...