News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Corners

Author Topic: Corners  (Read 2256 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Corners
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:55:40 PM »

Could have had 2 goals straight from corners last night, they were much better taken and williams was on the end of both just needed a little bit more of a touch and they both would have been in.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Corners
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:58:51 PM »

Glad to hear the quality of our set pieces is improving.  :)
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 08:48:21 PM »

I dont think its any coincidence that since we have got more height in the team, mainly Williams and Mcalisky along with Young we do look a lot more threatening at corners and set pieces..

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:56:36 PM »

Woeful in previous years but I agree that there has been a big improvement in our Set-Pieces, and that it's down to having a much taller squad.

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 11:51:35 PM »

plus taking corners at Moss Lane is not easy due to lack ok room between the adverts and the touchline.

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 08:15:11 AM »

Williams really does look a threat in the box. Stevenage, Forest Green and Chester can all vouch for that. Of course, if Welchy gets back in the side he knows where the goal is too.

Nice that the pressure is off Col these days. Can't be easy when the team basically needs 15 goals minimum off you lest it be sucked into a relegation dogfight. I always think the best teams are those that spread the goals around the squad.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »

plus taking corners at Moss Lane is not easy due to lack ok room between the adverts and the touchline.

We used to score from them and we've conceded from them too so obviously some people don't have a problem with the perceived lack of room

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 02:18:38 PM »

I can remember various wingers moving that gate in the chequers turnstile corner for a run up........ and there is still the gap in the golf/mausoleum corner.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »

In a pretty much unrelated topic ( don't want to start a new thread) is Michael Welch up to first team standard? I thought he was but they haven't been playing him too much and I thought he must be match fit by now? Or isn't he?

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »

In a pretty much unrelated topic ( don't want to start a new thread) is Michael Welch up to first team standard? I thought he was but they haven't been playing him too much and I thought he must be match fit by now? Or isn't he?

When fully fit there's no doubt in my mind Welchy is a really good Conference player. The problem is that having had a long injury lay off, and without many games to get fit, he looks literally 15 pounds overweight at the moment.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Corners