News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leigh Genesis join the club..

Author Topic: Leigh Genesis join the club..  (Read 1636 times)

markecky

« on: January 27, 2010, 11:01:53 PM »

Jezza

Re: Leigh Genesis join the club..
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:18:09 AM »

The board have made the age old mistake of budgetting for bigger crowds.

If they budget for crowds of 100 and look to compete at their natural level they will be fine.

But you are not gonna suddenly find 500 new hardcore supporters because you change your name and play in a nice ground in a rugby town.....which is the insane bit these meglomaniacs never seem to get their head round.

WiganAlty

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »

But you are not gonna suddenly find 500 new hardcore supporters because you change your name and play in a nice ground in a rugby town.....which is the insane bit these meglomaniacs never seem to get their head round.

Must admit I had to laugh when just before the move the Leigh Chairman was saying they would double (or may have been triple) the crowd - you only have to look at the many empty seats at the DW Stadium when Wigan Athletic are playing at home to see that football comes a poor second around here. Even the kids have a kick around with a rugby ball rather than a football....

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »

Must admit I had to laugh when just before the move the Leigh Chairman was saying they would double (or may have been triple) the crowd - you only have to look at the many empty seats at the DW Stadium when Wigan Athletic are playing at home to see that football comes a poor second around here. Even the kids have a kick around with a rugby ball rather than a football....

It's not only Leigh Centurians in this town..........there is also Leigh East and Leigh Miners....in Rugby League terms they are equivalent teams to Conf /Conf N footy teams. I used to work in Leigh for 6 months and the lads in the factories took out a rugby ball at dinner time and chucked it about amongst themselves. Interested in Unibond football they aint.

I like the spokespersons quote who says we have an ex-premiership player as a manager and an ex-premiership player here too.............what's that got to do with it ?? We had Gareth Whalley once
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »

all this talk of a historic team, time to go back to being Horwich RMI I think
Bernard Taylors barmy army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team