News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Manchester United - Match Thread

Author Topic: Manchester United - Match Thread  (Read 4844 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 21, 2016, 07:53:38 PM »

Should prove a different test to the previous three run outs. Hopefully United will bring a decent enough side to really test us to the limit. Would be good if we can play something resembling our strongest or first choice 11 in these three up coming friendlies. Will be good to hopefully finally see Miller, as he is supposed to be an exciting player. Just over two weeks to the big kick off. Hoping for a decent crowd with United being overseas for all of their preseason apart from the Rooney testimonial and the charity shield

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Manchester United - Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:41:25 AM »

Whatever side Utd put out Domingo it'll be more than capable of giving us a strong test Id imagine.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 08:58:36 AM »

I thought last night was a positive step forward. We looked very organised for the majority of the game and we could have a really solid centre halve partnership in Cyrus and Hannigan.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 12:36:42 PM »

Very positive game

Last twenty minutes we got battered and defended very well...........their fitness and speed got us in the end, but it has to be said that MU had about five more subs than us and they were all on the field for that last twenty minutes when we still had half a team on the field who had run their socks off for 90 minutes on a fairly warm night

We also nearly equalised towards the very end. Much better than previous games against some of England's best young footballers
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:38:22 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 01:51:42 PM »

Last nights bizarre moment :-

Announcement at 7.20 that KO will be delayed until 7.45................having gone to the bar to buy a Wainwrights and a cider, the game then kicked off just a few minutes late

Anyone else get caught out?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 02:30:32 PM »

Last nights bizarre moment :-

Announcement at 7.20 that KO will be delayed until 7.45................having gone to the bar to buy a Wainwrights and a cider, the game then kicked off just a few minutes late

Anyone else get caught out?

I also thought that was very odd,the game actually kicked off at 7.33!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »

A very crafty way to raise a few more quid on bar takings lol

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 08:39:32 PM »

Just read the report on the website of last nights game.

I just want to say how fortunate we are to have the likes of Anthony Taylor connected to our club who kindly refereed the game.
Thanks for that Anthony.. The guy was officiating in the Euro final just 10 days ago. (Its just a pity the England Team weren't involved in it)

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 03:32:04 PM »

I just want to say how fortunate we are to have the likes of Anthony Taylor connected to our club who kindly refereed the game.
Thanks for that Anthony.. The guy was officiating in the Euro final just 10 days ago. (Its just a pity the England Team weren't involved in it)

I'm suprised he didn't call it off - normally does

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 06:15:32 PM »

Unfair comment
I would rather have him than some of the dross that will be officiating our league games in a few weeks

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 11:47:51 PM »

Unfair comment
I would rather have him than some of the dross that will be officiating our league games in a few weeks
Absolutely Ray. Some of the officials in National last term left much to be desired....and this season will be worse.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team