PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Yesterday  (Read 8649 times)

Alty365

Re: Yesterday
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »

SO HOW IS THAT THE MANAGERS FAULT.......you want him playing in the team too......its down to the players to create chances and score and it shows we played well and created the chances......YOUR all so stuck up your own backsides get behind them instead of givin them stick that will never help

The buck stops with the manager. The performances have been well below what we could expect from this squad of players and that is totally down to bad management.

The FANS are stuck up their own backsides? I'm afraid it is the manager and some members of the board to whom this most accurately applies.

Time to take of your rose tinted spectacles and stop your brown-tonguing!

End the farce, sack the arse!

brian1925

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 11:04:34 AM »

This must the the apologist's thread from heaven. Some of the posts at the top are truly unbelievable and must surely have been written by fans of other clubs out on the mischief! If Alty19 etc. is really an Alty fan, maybe he should be asking himself who he will be shouting for tomorrow night, Altrincham FC or Grahame Heathcote FC - some people are very, very confused at the moment. I know that I am. Having followed Alty religiously for more than 20 years I am seriously contemplating missing my third successive home game on Tuesday. I mean, Mansfield must surely be one of our best fixtures this season and I just can't face going...sorry.

Alty19

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »

I will be shouting for ALTY...not at one individual...its not one individuals fault...if it is that bad...Sack the lot........Players and managers if its not good enough...you cant blame the manager solely......

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 01:05:55 PM »

I will be shouting for ALTY...not at one individual...its not one individuals fault...if it is that bad...Sack the lot........Players and managers if its not good enough...you cant blame the manager solely......

not many other clubs fans show the patience alty fans have shown
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:19:26 PM by Timperley The Best »

Longman

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 01:21:27 PM »

So what do we do once we've sacked all our coaching staff and playinf personnel?

Field an team of Alty fans in our next game?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 01:29:29 PM »

So what do we do once we've sacked all our coaching staff and playinf personnel?

You know thats not the answer nor would a new manager guarentee improvement. But one who  doesnt react at the first sign of insults from a few fans would help

VofD

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 01:32:17 PM »

You know thats not the answer nor would a new manager guarentee improvement. But one who  doesnt react at the first sign of insults from a few fans would help
and who does not heap embarrassment after embarrassment on this great club. >:( >:(

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 01:39:05 PM »

End the farce, sack the arse!

ooooh! very catchy!

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 04:07:22 PM »

Sounds like a plan!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »

Sounds like a plan!

I'm only 95% 5% fit, so I'll have to start on the bench, but I'll dig my boots out.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 04:41:20 PM »

I wish Graham hadn't reacted like that (if what I heard is accurate - and I think of the time when he gestured to someone in the stand who said something about his family - apparently) but hate campaigns and intimidation are not my idea of a good time either and I will have nothing to do with something which is clearly upsetting to some perfectly decent Altrincham supporters. W

We're getting like Southport, I just hope we don't get like Northwich too.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »

The trouble is, if he doesn't go, some people will kick up a fuss, if he is forced out in this fashion, some people may give up going in protest aswell. It's no good, infighting. And I stand by my comments that a lot of crap has been spoken on here. Three relegations? two at most (after preseason disrution caused by Accrington), and one of those was on 51 points.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 04:51:38 PM »

Our wins have come against a sunday side yesterday and woking,

Oh come on. And our draws? against (still unbeaten) Kettering, table-topping Salisbury (at the time) and "big time" Wrexham.

I refuse to accept our position is that bad (not bad enough to justify the ill feeling and hurt clearly caused by yesterday anyway), and I expect it to get better as new players settle in. I think that is a perfectly justifiable position (as do better people than me), and none the less so just beacause my name is Hugh Cooper.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »

Please can we all stop using our energies in a negative way, hurling abuse at anybody and everybody, and start giving some positive support to those lads who are wearing Alty Shirts and playing football. I f they  hear the fans getting behind them and encouraging them then maybe we will see some response from them.

Well said, Stockport Alty. I always try and encourage the players, and I could swear that sometimes the players near me respond. At the end of the day we all want Alty to do well, let's stop being like frigging Southport.

fuertes

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »

The trouble is, if he doesn't go, some people will kick up a fuss, if he is forced out in this fashion, some people may give up going in protest aswell. It's no good, infighting. And I stand by my comments that a lot of crap has been spoken on here. Three relegations? two at most (after preseason disrution caused by Accrington), and one of those was on 51 points.

You're right in that the Robinson affair was ridiculous and obviously had a knock-on effect. However, all those home defeats last year was still very disappointing. I can understand a dodgy start with an ill-prepared team, but we were awful at home last year and this season has been nearly as bad. Personally I wouldn't be against giving GH more time, but it is getting to the stage now where I'm having doubts about whether he can turn things round. This was supposed to be the season that we had a full pre-season's preparation and had cleared our debts and as a result had a solid season. It just doesn't look like it's hapening at the minute. Still, I'm not going to start screaming for the manager's head.

Fingers crossed for some chumps in FAQR4  in a month's time and then Leeds Away in Round One. Something to get excited about and a bit of cash for the club is much needed, feel like we're surrounded by negativity at the moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday