News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pitch Inspection?

Author Topic: Pitch Inspection?  (Read 1941 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Pitch Inspection?
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »

Hi, just been out and the ground is freezing up. Is there a pitch inspection because of the frost?

I hope the game goes ahead.

markecky

Re: Pitch Inspection?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 11:05:53 PM »

There is a Wrexham fan on their forum that lives a bout 2 mins from Moss Lane he says at 10:52:

While I was doing a quick temperature check - just hovering around zero and no frosty stuff on the ground or car windows yet.

CPD Wrecsam

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:32:39 PM »

I hope there is no inspection and that the game is on! If it was in Wrexham it would be off!

Best of luck, see you all tomorrow!

groundsman

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 11:54:37 PM »

Hello not sure if anything changed as the day went on but when i left the ground at 2 today there was no mention off a pitch inspection , we had checked the forecasts and were hoping it would not hit us too bad although the temps did drop a bit late afternoon . I prepared the pitch today after utd reserves on thursday and we had a lot off rain thursday night and early today , the pitch was quite wet in places but not holding water and was looking very good when i left and was drying out with the wind and sun . Hopefully the weather will be good from early in the morning and day time temps ok so if we do get a bit off frost and it affects the wet patches come kick off it will be ok , if i hear anymore in the morning i am sure the club will update and if possible i will too .

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 08:15:59 AM »

Hello not sure if anything changed as the day went on but when i left the ground at 2 today there was no mention off a pitch inspection , we had checked the forecasts and were hoping it would not hit us too bad although the temps did drop a bit late afternoon . I prepared the pitch today after utd reserves on thursday and we had a lot off rain thursday night and early today , the pitch was quite wet in places but not holding water and was looking very good when i left and was drying out with the wind and sun . Hopefully the weather will be good from early in the morning and day time temps ok so if we do get a bit off frost and it affects the wet patches come kick off it will be ok , if i hear anymore in the morning i am sure the club will update and if possible i will too .

Thanks for this! Fingers crossed for a big turnout today!  :)
Come on Alty!

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 10:04:46 AM »

Thanks for this update, its really helps when you are not local and have to make a reasonable trip to the game.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pitch Inspection?