PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1st Round
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: 1st Round  (Read 35444 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Round
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2012, 03:51:55 PM »

Our club should refuse outright to play on the Friday night. Simple as that, Sunday fair enough, but after a day at work should players and fans alike really have to brave the M6 on Friday teatime due to burton not having stewards? Friday would put us at a total disadvantage and lower the crowd, we should NOT accept the offer to play on a Friday night......

markecky

« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2012, 03:54:49 PM »

Our club should refuse outright to play on the Friday night. Simple as that, Sunday fair enough, but after a day at work should players and fans alike really have to brave the M6 on Friday teatime due to burton not having stewards? Friday would put us at a total disadvantage and lower the crowd, we should NOT accept the offer to play on a Friday night......

Agreed mate, unless big money from TV which is unlikely.

York Alty

« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2012, 03:57:34 PM »

FGR V PORT VALE.......snigger
[/quote]

T**ts V T**ts.

roytonmike

« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

ITV stated the games were to be played on "the weekend of 3rd and 4th November", which for what it's worth suggests Friday is not an option. It seems most likely that it will be Sunday due to stewarding arrangements, which doesn't suit me personally but I'll make every effort to be there. We're very much in a 'nothing to lose' situation which might actually help our chances. One point for coach organisers to note - I distinctly remember that the last time we went there we were charged ten quid to park the coach.

taxi Phil

« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2012, 04:34:33 PM »

It'll cost us nothing to "park the bus" though  ;)

To those glass half empty merchants among you : we weren't expected to get a result at Everton, Tottenham, Rotherham, Sheffield United, Blackpool.......and CERTAINLY not Birmingham City !

It's the magic of the cup and we are bang in form and high on confidence.

KEEP THE FAITH ! ! ! ! !

62vintage

« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »

To those glass half empty merchants among you : we weren't expected to get a result at Everton, Tottenham, Rotherham, Sheffield United, Blackpool.......and CERTAINLY not Birmingham City !

KEEP THE FAITH ! ! ! ! !

Absolutely true, but the first game at Rotherham was`nt the result we hoped for.   

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2012, 05:17:12 PM »

I think it's laughable that they can't provide their own stewards, I really do.

They've got some of the typical ingredients for a tinpot outfit:

Soulless breezeblock stadium
Copy of the incredibly tedious "Tom Hark" to play whilst easy clapping
Using an outside firm to steward games

Oh, how I'm looking forward to this tie.....    ::)

Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2012, 05:18:44 PM »

my first reaction was oh ffs that is a sh*t draw for us.

I'm coming round now to talking myself into believing we can actually win the match and get an ever bigger reward.

For any burton fans reading this, I really don't want to sound disrespectful and credit to you for your success, a respected non league rival you perhaps were.....but decent FA Cup draw material you aint....and that's a sort of compliment coz it'll be tough to progress....to the sort of draw that burton built their success on......not even a new ground to visit.......I'm sure you understand :-)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2012, 06:33:42 PM »

On reflection i am happy not too far away we can go there and grind out a result and you can watch the game on the 7 inch portable in the bar :)
ParkINson's red and white army

matnvfcmad

« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2012, 07:09:07 PM »

Its not a bad draw certainly a winnable game for you guys Burton isnt the worse of places you could of gone cracking set of fans and a magnificent ground

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2012, 07:10:39 PM »

Its not a bad draw certainly a winnable game for you guys Burton isnt the worse of places you could of gone cracking set of fans and a magnificent ground
perhaps when you were in the conference, since then they have moved into a souless bowl
Bernard Taylors barmy army

thegazelle

« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2012, 07:15:14 PM »

KEEP THE FAITH ! ! ! ! !

not often i disagree with you mr taxi ( creamy beer apart), but i and a lot of others fully and i mean fully expected us to win at st andrews.

this is a great chance for us to claim another league scalp (technicalty, i know)

Jenga

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2012, 07:58:05 PM »

We just need to round people up off the streets and get them to Burton, teach them some Alty songs and give them some balloons and ripped up paper.

More people, more singing, more of the 12th man and you just never know  ;D

fuertes

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2012, 08:08:40 PM »

Yes we do have to borrow Derby's stewards.  It's incredibly embarrassing and most of our lot absolutely hate that we have to move games but it saves us money so it works for our Chairman and the club's finances.  Oxford moaned like f**k last season because we had to move our home game with them to a Sunday because apparently it meant less supporters would be able to come.  There were more Oxford supporters at the Pirelli that afternoon than there were for the Saturday game this season.  Go figure.

Anyway...enjoy your Friday night trip to the Pirelli.  It's unlikely it'll be played on the Sunday because we've got Plymouth away on the Tuesday night.

MOTWYW

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »

We have a game on the Tuesday against Guiseley, we should not be playing Tuesday then playing Friday, its frankly unacceptable, the game should be played Saturday, if that's not possible then Sunday, failing that the fixture should be switched to moss lane, simple as that. This is their problem, not ours, we should make it clear that Friday is simply out of the question.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1st Round