News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 True and honest support

Author Topic: True and honest support  (Read 2376 times)

Moss

True and honest support
« on: September 23, 2007, 03:24:36 PM »

Following our brave and sterling performance by the players against Droylesden and masterminded by the Management team it is time for the true supporters to stand up and show the Chairman that the majority of the fan base are aware of the work and effort he and his board members have put into the club to ensure we have a base to move forward with. It may not be in the Conference but if not it won't be for the lack of effoet by all our players and all at Altrincham Football Club.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: True and honest support
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 03:28:28 PM »

Following our brave and sterling performance by the players against Droylesden and masterminded by the Management team it is time for the true supporters to stand up and show the Chairman that the majority of the fan base are aware of the work and effort he and his board members have put into the club to ensure we have a base to move forward with. It may not be in the Conference but if not it won't be for the lack of effoet by all our players and all at Altrincham Football Club.

I think its fair to say that its been the case for a long time that "the majority of the fan base are aware of the work and effort he and his board members have put into the club to ensure we have a base to move forward with".  Any criticism over the last few weeks has been to do with results and performances on the pitch and the reaction of the club to the criticism.  Don't confuse the two matters...

A lot of the air has been cleared, apologies have been made and there's a fans meeting in a few days.  Time to move on methinks.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 03:30:19 PM by Bob »

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:59:35 PM »

Fully agree with that bob. The last few weeks have been hard due to our poor performance. However, we still need to perform well against the better sides, next up are witton (which may seen the return of Rod Thornley in witton colours) then three hard games against Crawley (Away), Rushden (Home), and Burton (Home). Good performances are vital to sustain our conference future.

We all know the management, and board have done an amazing job over the last five years. No-one can take that away from them.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 08:11:59 PM »

yes its all lookin ok they all gelled well as a a team and not a bad supporting performance from us too.it will be interesting to see how we play against crawley but even if we dont get what we want i think we are still in a much better position, at least confidence-wise than we were last week.Also thought pottsy had a bit of a blinder yesterday.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 04:21:59 AM »

Is it not fair to say that the supporters of Alty true or not have gone out of their way and made it crystal clear their appreciation of the board and managements efforts over the last five years.

The criticisms of tactics etc were made by long standing rspected fans who had travelled to games.

These same fans have acknowledged apologies, said it was move on time and will continue to give honest and true support.....support unfortunatly sometimes means a bit of tough love and occasionally involves a bit of clearing of the air..the bedrock of a good relationship is communciation.
(and Mrs jezza tells me being able to make each other laugh in bed)

teasybeaver

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 10:59:52 AM »

In my eyes, all of the moaning has had the desired effect so far. The line-up seemed more balanced for me, and we got 3 points with a midfielder in goals!

Subject closed for me.

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 11:01:43 AM »

In my eyes, all of the moaning has had the desired effect so far. The line-up seemed more balanced for me, and we got 3 points with a midfielder in goals!

Subject closed for me.

I concur!  :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 True and honest support