News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trouble at Hyde today

Author Topic: Trouble at Hyde today  (Read 1523 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Trouble at Hyde today
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:05:13 PM »

Apparently, despite the game being segregated, some "Halifax fans" went in the home end at Hyde today and caused trouble, with scuffles breaking out and the Police having to be called. I particularly noted this from Hyde's forum:

"when they scored a goal and the fans was celebrating one of our fans quite rightly got a steward to have them moved to the away supporters section. This is where the trouble started with the bigger of the two guys refusing to move and proudly proclaiming "I'd like to see someone try and make me move""

I hope this doesn't rear its ugly head at Moss Lane next month, we can do without that sort of thing. However, I'm sure we'll be well prepared for it - after all, we're used to dealing with sizeable away followings from bigger clubs.
Come on Alty!

markecky

Re: Trouble at Hyde today
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:15:43 PM »

They could bring 800 to us, I hope we invest some of that gate money into a small police presence as a deterrent.

We know from past experience that a very small minority of Halifax fans have the potential to cause trouble.

bumble

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »

From what ive read, it seems that their seggregation was unmanned, and simply a fence.... we have that gap + stewards on the gates

Plus I think halifax fans probably think they can get away with more at a club like hyde

"It wasn't even a gate, it was more a 3ft high step that was virtually unmanned"

"Yet no comment about the fact that one of the Hyde stewards actually opened the gate to let more of the Halifax fans in to join in the melee whole standing by and watching it happen."

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:24:11 PM by L2J »

markecky

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »

A trouble element that are banned from The Shay went into the home end and that sparked the trouble. 

It seems that as the stewards wers sorting the initial trouble those gobby Hyde fans from that corner started giving it out to the Halifax fans which flared it up even more.

Again it's important not to tar all Halifax fans with the same brush but I feel this one is beyond our usual level of stewarding and thats not a criticsm of our wonderful volunteers.

shaymen down under

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »

+1 to the above posts.

As a former bsp club, and being used to the "ex league" away fan mentality. I would probably invest
Your 500-800 Halifax fans gate receipts into bringing a half dozen police in. The actual trouble was 3-4 pissed up halifax casuals buying into home end. Hyde fans took exception to this, it kicked off ad the remaining 10-15 casuals jumped in. These fans are banned for
 The shay and haven't been to a home game since oct/nov and this was their irst away game
Since then. They had started drinking at 8am and well Yeah... Need I go on.

You have the played the likes of us, Chester and wrexham before, so you know the craic. Unfortunately and this isn't condoning what our 10 idiots did, but most clubs in this league
Can't cope with 600+ away fans we had there today.

bumble

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »

Do Hyde still have 8 year old lads  in oversized bibs with steward written in marker?

these threads.....

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=13342.0

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=13679.0

Safety Certificates
« on: August 27, 2011, 05:55:54 pm »
How can a club that gets 350 at home and must have expected a crowd of 700 today be allowed to have 9 year olds in steward jackets?  One even had it felt tipped as as if to emphasise the fact that he was a child.
Hyde a number of gobsh*tes with a lot to say, I'm not sure what would have happened if we had taken offence.
There is an accident waiting to happen
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:06:48 PM by L2J »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trouble at Hyde today