PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dust ourselves down & go again
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dust ourselves down & go again  (Read 5560 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dust ourselves down & go again
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 04:24:05 PM »

Once again people think that I am trying to defend a Referee, one who, in this case I haven't seen - Not True

There is a perception (incorrect in my view) that Referees want to be the centre of attention. If that is the case then surely not talking about them will stymie their ambition?

It also seems that fans do get a bit agitated by Officials performances. This can raise the Blood pressure and the pulse rate which isn't good for you.  We cannot control the performance of a match official so why risk our health by talking about their performances. Surely all our energy ought to be focused on our team and our Club

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dust ourselves down & go again
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 04:32:23 PM »

Once again people think that I am trying to defend a Referee, one who, in this case I haven't seen - Not True

There is a perception (incorrect in my view) that Referees want to be the centre of attention. If that is the case then surely not talking about them will stymie their ambition?

It also seems that fans do get a bit agitated by Officials performances. This can raise the Blood pressure and the pulse rate which isn't good for you.  We cannot control the performance of a match official so why risk our health by talking about their performances. Surely all our energy ought to be focused on our team and our Club
ATS, please tell me this is a wind-up.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dust ourselves down & go again