News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Swindells the Legend

Author Topic: Swindells the Legend  (Read 1835 times)

thegazelle

Swindells the Legend
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »

I did ask for help on an earlier thread to no avail

We are having a legends area inthe all new champs and i am going to put sir jackie in amongst Cassius clay wayne gretsky etc etc but need a picture to which i will add the obit from the times. frame it and bobs yer uncle a little bit of africa that will always be alty.

Could some one send by electronic interweb a decent picture of lord Jackie .

or if it has to be hard copy pm me and i will give an address in the uk.

suitable donation to be made to club funds obviously

or worst worst come to the worst the Gazelle will be making a once his annual appearance on 14 nov for Forest Green Match

please please help

Jezza

Re: Swindells the Legend
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 08:28:33 PM »

Best i can do to help the mighty gazelle.....why not threaten to eat an alty player every hour on the hour until your demands are met? I'm sure you will drown in offers of help then.

suggest right click save picture as....I did this and printed at about 3 times the size and it looked quite good. I presented it to Jackioe at the star launch in a nice presentation frame with his scoring record down the side.....actually think I've got a copy auitographed somewhere...I'll have look for you.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 11:26:27 AM »

gazelle,

A solution could be for you to invest in a copy of the new Altrincham FC calendar, as mentioned on John Laidlar's website.

When Foz showed a prototype of it to me the other week, one of the pages was dedicated to Jackie Swindells and featured some black and white photographs of the great man in action at Moss Lane, some of which I believe were loaned for use on the calendar by members of Jackie's family.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 11:29:28 AM »

PM Alty Snapper on here..I think he is putting the calendar together and maybe be able to help you.

joe

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 11:32:18 AM »

gazelle,

A solution could be for you to invest in a copy of the new Altrincham FC calendar, as mentioned on John Laidlar's website.

When Foz showed a prototype of it to me the other week, one of the pages was dedicated to Jackie Swindells and featured some black and white photographs of the great man in action at Moss Lane, some of which I believe were loaned for use on the calendar by members of Jackie's family.

I also had a look at the prototype calender and it looks very good! I'll definately be getting one when they go on sale!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 11:37:59 AM »

gazelle,

I also had a look at the prototype calender and it looks very good! I'll definately be getting one when they go on sale!

I spent a few hours trawling through old issues of the Robins Review in a bid to find a photograph of Peter Densmore in action for Alty for potential use on this calendar...

Defenders didn't get their photo taken very often in the days before alty snapper came on the scene!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Foz

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 11:48:48 AM »

gazelle,

We are currently planning to have calendars available from Saturday's game. If all goes to plan, I will have some in the Bar post game, and Brian and Anthony will have some in the shop pre game.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Swindells the Legend