PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 attendance
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: attendance  (Read 10738 times)

RocketDan

Re: attendance
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 06:52:30 PM »

You folks amaze me, if it is not the team you have a go at, it is the fans, it is the manager, it is the PV and even the stoppers.

our PV went through the roof at Hayes on Saturday, if we beat wombledong at the weekend or PV will have its own gravitational field.

MASSIVE PV.

Longman

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 07:07:59 PM »

Wimbledon say they've filled one coach, they think they might fill another. I'm hoping they bring 200 or more.

I was quite disappointed with the attendance. I had predicted just over 800. We got 605 against Eastbourne when we were lower mid-table, we'd just lost to Lewes, it was a Tuesday night with United at home and on TV in the Champions League QF. The fact that we didn't get many more is a concern.

Hopefully people are right to point out holidays, Celtic on TV and our good form not having filtered through.
[/quote

I really hope Celtic on TV is not a factor to keep the floaters away from Moss Lane, otherwise they really are serious floaters!!

george

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 07:25:57 PM »

Everyone is saying our average gate is going up because of A.F.C.Wimbledon & Chester bringing a following. Thank God for that but that's not improving our following which we need to encourage the players, rather than being outnumbered by the away support. HISTON brought 27 last night compared to 16 last time things are looking up.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 08:27:50 PM »

I remember watching midweek home games in the Unibond League when we were barely scraping crowds of 400. It really wasnt all that long ago either!

I think a bit of perspective is required.
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »

I think they will bring about 150 on saturday.
Add that to our 980 and it makes a total of around 1130 .. giving us an average of 914 per league game so far..

The Chester game should bolster the coffers (hopefully)

They took 131 to Oxford last night. That bodes well, hopefully they'll bring 500+ for the Bank Holiday and it'll be a top atmosphere.

They won't HAVE 500 supporters by that time if Devachat is to be believed!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 08:46:30 PM »

Who's going to brave enough to get a tattoo done http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1132137_city_fans_champions_league_tattoo__for_2011 to get us a bit of publicity

and what would you have done?
@AltyDaz

dino

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »

attendances are all relative. ie. to compare on a like for like basis one must consider the avge att in comparison to the avge weekly wage bill.

eg.oxf  £25k / wk    5000 clients = 5

eg. afc £6 / wk   1100 clients = 5.45

eg. slime £10k /wk  700 clients = 14.28

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 10:12:35 AM »

Who's going to brave enough to get a tattoo done http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1132137_city_fans_champions_league_tattoo__for_2011 to get us a bit of publicity

George Heslop

markecky

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 10:15:32 AM »

A tattoo of George Heslop would be superb.  Imagine their faces in Tiger Tattoos

joe

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »

I'd probably have spent my money on a more up to date kit than the 1989 number he's got on rather than get a ridiculous tattoo!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 06:23:54 PM »

very dissappointed to see Heathcotes reaction to att announcement... shaking his head in disbelief.  What exactly does he expect?

Probably similar to what John King expected when he expressed disappointment at a similar attendance after a good run around Autumn 1990. I personally expected slightly more than the 600 they could normally have expected for such a game, which is what happened (although of course I'm clueless).

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 06:30:11 PM »

What are you on about ?..........."if we are in the mix after xmas 3/4k would be on the radar"......the mind boggles. Get real !

If Alty v. Oxford is a top of the table clash, you will probably get over 3000, just like against Barnet. What's it about Ken?

dino

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 03:35:38 PM »

pleasantly surprised at the number of floaters going tommorrow. i hope we dont dissappoint as they seem flushed with high expectations.

would think somewhere around 1600
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 attendance