PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 attendance
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: attendance  (Read 10739 times)

Jenga

Re: attendance
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 09:01:39 AM »

You folks amaze me, if it is not the team you have a go at, it is the fans, it is the manager, it is the PV and even the stoppers.

Just stop for a minute and enjoy this run of form whilst it lasts.

Next two home games will see large increases in numbers - Wimbledon and Chester.

All we need now is a good back page report from the Messenger and a good marketing campaign included within it for Saturday.

"hey little old alty town folk, we play Wimbledon this week and we are second in the league, get down to Moss lane at 3.00pm saturday" might bring a few new faces in.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 09:15:40 AM »

It takes more than a couple of wins to increase the attendance.  It will take a while for people to realise that we are nto striggling at the bottom so far.

I can't understand the hysteria.  700 is a usual Tuesday crowd with no away fans.  We aren't discussing why we have 329.

We'll have 900-1000 home fans on Saturday.

And until we have a marketing budget to get the word out, advertise in the town etc then it will only ever build slowly until a big one off game comes along.

FACT

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 09:56:38 AM »

I agree with the usual midweek crowd and what I expected.

Saturday will have a healthy 1,200+ crowd and a buzz around the place. People will be reading the papers, getting word of mouth, seeing on Sky Sports over the next few days and Saturdays are a much easier day to attract people

Maybe now would be a time for the club to do some sort of promotion to attract these 'potential' fans whilst we are doing well ?

baldrick

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 01:29:51 PM »

People don't like night games. They never have and never will. Wimbledon will bring about 150

fuertes

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 01:36:26 PM »

Wimbledon say they've filled one coach, they think they might fill another. I'm hoping they bring 200 or more.

I was quite disappointed with the attendance. I had predicted just over 800. We got 605 against Eastbourne when we were lower mid-table, we'd just lost to Lewes, it was a Tuesday night with United at home and on TV in the Champions League QF. The fact that we didn't get many more is a concern.

Hopefully people are right to point out holidays, Celtic on TV and our good form not having filtered through.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »

I'd be surprised if there are less than 350-400 Wimbledon myself.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »

I think they will bring about 150 on saturday.
Add that to our 980 and it makes a total of around 1130 .. giving us an average of 914 per league game so far..

The Chester game should bolster the coffers (hopefully)

fuertes

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 02:34:31 PM »

I think they will bring about 150 on saturday.
Add that to our 980 and it makes a total of around 1130 .. giving us an average of 914 per league game so far..

The Chester game should bolster the coffers (hopefully)

They took 131 to Oxford last night. That bodes well, hopefully they'll bring 500+ for the Bank Holiday and it'll be a top atmosphere.

penfold

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »

Yes 698 was a poor turn out but you all have to remember like a few people have said, it is still the summer holidays so people are not going to be around. Once the school term begins there will be more fans turning up. Another thought I had was, people do not get paid till the end of the week so they are not going to spend the money that have not really got (in this current climate) on a tuesday night game, instead they will save up for Saturday where they can join a few mates in the bar before and after the game and have a better time. Other factors which gave a poor attendence was the fact we played Histon, they have practically no support, we took more to Torquay on a Tuesday night than they have ever  brought to Moss Lane in all the times we have played them at home.

AFC will perhaps bring 200+ it is their first trip up north since they exited the football league! Chester will also bring a great number as its only 30mins down the road, therefore the attendence will improve!

JT

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 02:59:12 PM »

Ok so hopefully the numbers through the away end will be good over the next two days, but lets do all we can as fans to bring as many people as we can to these games aswell.  Lets use our current form to bring new people to the games.

I will set up a facebook event to the AFC Wimbledon game later on and then put the link up on here.  Can something be done on twitter to advertise the game?  Use any method possible to try and attract more fans.

markecky

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »

Twitter has been updated...pushing the kids prices as well.

JT

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=122762297371

All facbook users, invite as many people as possible!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 05:26:34 PM »

We could do with Chester winning on Saturday (and not conceding another four goals) so their non-hardcore fans don't give up the ghost.

Even with the low numbers yesterday it was a good atmosphere in the Golf Road End first half, I just wish they would segregate all games, as second half people disperse all round ground. This would also stop Coburn/Saunders getting abused for the whole match.
Full time and proud of it

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »

The attendance was embarrassing. If anyone didn't go that could have gone they should be ashamed of themselves. We should have a hardcore 800 fans irrespective of where we are in the league and whether it's a sunny saturday or a horrible Tuesday night.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 06:49:41 PM »

I agree with Stan Hibbert to be fair.

One thing about holidays etc is not so much that people are away on holiday, more that they are either saving up for or have come back having spent all their spare cash.

I had other more pressing reasons for not being able to make it last night but having come back from a week in Spain last Wednesday I am absolutely skint, I'd have come if I'd been in Alty but any more casual fan would probably not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 attendance