PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 attendance
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: attendance  (Read 10739 times)

dino

attendance
« on: August 18, 2009, 11:26:02 PM »

slightly on the low side, due to wealthy area therefore people can afford summer hols. This is highlighted by the fact that 97 season ticket holders were absent tonite, but included in the att.
22 away supporters
23 in sponsors lounge

very dissappointed to see Heathcotes reaction to att announcement... shaking his head in disbelief.  What exactly does he expect?

The momentum will build gradually, and will be nearer 1300 on sat

taxi Phil

Re: attendance
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 11:29:51 PM »

It's going to be interesting to see how many AFCW bring with them. It's the furthest North they've been so far, and that might just have a novelty value. I reckon at least 300, and I wouldn't rule out twice that.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:31:43 PM »

very dissappointed to see Heathcotes reaction to att announcement... shaking his head in disbelief.  What exactly does he expect?

I can kind of see your point because there are very good reasons why people were absent tonight. For example, how many of the absent season ticket holders were young kids who can't come to night matches?

However, look at it from his point of view. The team has had it's best start to a season at this level for probably 20 years or more and we get a turnout below 700. The team deserves better than that from what I've seen and heard of the first 4 games.

I believe there will be 1,200+ there on Saturday so that will go some way to restoring the balance.
Come on Alty!

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 11:35:04 PM »

Our first reaction to the news on here was that we were very disappointed to, it's only after you stop to rationalise it that you realise it might not be that bad considering.  As an initial reaction it's not surprising

radcliffe alty

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 11:35:27 PM »

How do we know GH was shaking his head at the attendance? You're very perceptive.  It could have been for one of the persitant fouls being ignored by the ref or for one of the times we failed to keep the ball.

To be honest, it looked like there was 100 more there than that to me.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 11:36:11 PM »

I'm not saying that this season is anything like 1990-1991 but we were getting poor crowds up until Christmas even then.

Its not been long enough for the town to wake up yet.

They will do.

AltyIan

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 11:38:58 PM »

i always knew that tonights game wouldnt be the best of attendances for obvious reasons, but i did expect around 800.
But for the ones that were there got behind the team well and saw a cracker from Denham.
Attendance for the wimbledon game should be double what it was tonight and hopefully we all will see alty keep this great start going.

dino

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 11:40:27 PM »

correct. if we were in the mix after xmas 3/4k would be on the radar.  what people need to realise is the collateral damage from some fairly inept performances over the last few seasons,and it will take time to repair

chrisrufc

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 11:57:02 PM »

Don't worry lads, the mighty Rotherham are playing on Sunday - the masses will spend their Saturday at Moss Lane instead  ;)

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 12:01:13 AM »

Doesn't really surprise me looking at other midweek attendences, we will make up for it on Sunday I'm sure ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 12:29:17 AM »

I'm not saying that this season is anything like 1990-1991 but we were getting poor crowds up until Christmas even then.

Its not been long enough for the town to wake up yet.

They will do.

**Please God** I'd settle for poor crowds up til Christmas if.....

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 12:52:25 AM »

correct. if we were in the mix after xmas 3/4k would be on the radar.  what people need to realise is the collateral damage from some fairly inept performances over the last few seasons,and it will take time to repair

What are you on about ?..........."if we are in the mix after xmas 3/4k would be on the radar"......the mind boggles. Get real !

Very very disappointing crowd tonight, even taking into consideration holidays, kids and Histon's minibus.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

mikeford2005

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 01:23:10 AM »

correct. if we were in the mix after xmas 3/4k would be on the radar.  what people need to realise is the collateral damage from some fairly inept performances over the last few seasons,and it will take time to repair

What are you on about ?..........."if we are in the mix after xmas 3/4k would be on the radar"......the mind boggles. Get real !

Very very disappointing crowd tonight, even taking into consideration holidays, kids and Histon's minibus.
Can only agree with this. Our second lowest league home attendance since our promotion to the conference, yet we are doing our best. Can not understand it.
We have pulled well over a thousand for relegation battles. I just wonder where these people are, now we are performing so well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:28:05 AM by Student Flagger »

Narcissist

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »

With regards to GH's reaction, you have to remember that he also knows in his head the sums for the financial side. He's not just shaking his head because he isnt happy with the fans, he's shaking his head because if the attendances stay like that he will have to let players go.

GH isn't just managing the squad he's managing the budget and its not a pressure I would welcome on my shoulders.

As has been said Im sure it will pick up, especially when people notice we are top of the form guide going in to saturday.

Magnificent result for alty. The histon monkey is well and truly off our backs!

markecky

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 08:25:26 AM »

It takes more than a couple of wins to increase the attendance.  It will take a while for people to realise that we are nto striggling at the bottom so far.

I can't understand the hysteria.  700 is a usual Tuesday crowd with no away fans.  We aren't discussing why we have 329.

We'll have 900-1000 home fans on Saturday.

And until we have a marketing budget to get the word out, advertise in the town etc then it will only ever build slowly until a big one off game comes along.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 attendance