PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Solihull Match Thread  (Read 12526 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2021, 04:56:20 PM »

I agree really good interview
Bernard Taylors barmy army

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2021, 05:19:25 PM »

Best Parkinterview of the season for me.

Good to hear some pragmatism and humility coming through in those respective post-match interviews relating to the Notts County and Solihull Moors fixtures. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2021, 05:29:03 PM »

Also good to hear he might be coming round to considering alternative setups seeing as we can't play the current way without someone up front.
Could it be the 4-3-3 as has been advocated elsewhere on here?
Or possibly 4-4-2 next season after we've signed a couple of strikers?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2021, 05:47:49 PM »

Match highlights (if that's the right word...) here:

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-6405706

We were shocking, so glad I didn't pay for the stream...

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2021, 10:30:02 PM »

Match highlights (if that's the right word...) here:

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-6405706

We were shocking, so glad I didn't pay for the stream...
those "highlights" are nearly as bad as our current form
Come on you red and white........

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2021, 11:04:24 AM »

I hear he is now moving from his stubborn stance that he won't need a plan B...took him long enough..we are not Man City

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »

I hear he is now moving from his stubborn stance that he won't need a plan B...took him long enough..we are not Man City
We as supporters whom have witnessed National league before knew what's required. Parky has never managed at this level, so I doubt he paid it much attention. Now he's having too, and with our current squad the single formation will be combated even more next season, so you have to be able to change to suit the game your in with the type of player available and work around there strengths as well. He has to evolve with the team or we'll be relegated for sure.

andrewflynn

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2021, 02:47:05 PM »

We as supporters whom have witnessed National league before knew what's required. Parky has never managed at this level, so I doubt he paid it much attention. Now he's having too, and with our current squad the single formation will be combated even more next season, so you have to be able to change to suit the game your in with the type of player available and work around there strengths as well. He has to evolve with the team or we'll be relegated for sure.

I think a big thing we've seen in the second half of this season (and in National League campaigns gone by) is the professional outfits learn an awful lot from the previous game. They study tape, they adapt and they make it much more difficult for us to hurt them in the same way we did previously.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2021, 03:55:48 PM »

I think a big thing we've seen in the second half of this season (and in National League campaigns gone by) is the professional outfits learn an awful lot from the previous game. They study tape, they adapt and they make it much more difficult for us to hurt them in the same way we did previously.

Which is why we need a couple of strikers and players capable of implementing a plan b.
Hope and trust in Parky working his magic over the close season! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2021, 08:57:17 PM »

Parkie and Sorvs are both intelligent men: intelligent men adapt!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2021, 09:24:33 PM »

I do cast my mind back to the GH days this is the pinacle of non leauge whilst i am.frustrated at the end of the season we would have stayed up and that had to be the target surely for the first season back . Once we have a level playing budget with top half teams  it's like for like then the expectation have to match . Up the reds
Come on you red and white........
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Match Thread