PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Old Conference foes
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Old Conference foes  (Read 3998 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Old Conference foes
« on: September 29, 2012, 07:17:06 PM »

Some of the big spenders we have played against recently - FA Trophy results

Ramsbottom 4-2 Vics
Canvey 0-0 Wroxham
Kettering 0-3 Concord Rangers
Grays 1-1 Ashford
Weymouth 3-0 Tiverton

Leek won at home - I guess we were represented there today

Also, from Ketterings website :- John Beck,the Kettering Manager,left the ground an hour before kick-off and is no longer at the club with scout Alan Doyle taking over for today's game

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:45:15 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

Re: Old Conference foes
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »

some more ex conference foes...

Oxford Utd   
Morecambe
Aldershot
AFC Wimbledon
Wycombe
Barnet

Bottom six of div 2 (division 4 in old-speak).

How times change eh.

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 07:43:27 PM »

Vics - no sympathy for the club. Green slime from a salt mine.
Canvey - good luck to them - no issues with them.
Kettering - ha ha ha ha. sod off you arses.
Grays - stood up with us shoulder-to-shoulder in the points deduction fiasco. no issues with Grays.
Weymouth - wasters.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »

Always keep an eye out for Grays, in respect to ex-chairman Mick Woodward helping us over our 18-point deduction a few years back.

bonz

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 12:27:34 PM »

There's also the (not so) mighty Darlo although they won again yesterday in front of 1,000 plus. :-\ :-\

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »

...and in contrast to darlo, we have Kettering, as Mick mentioned.  If you have five minutes have a read of this.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=20558 - "Is This How It Ends For Kettering Town? With A Benny Hill-Esque Chase?"

This is approaching a Vics-like status of shambolic nonsense.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:38:29 PM by York Alty »

markecky

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 01:28:47 PM »

...and in contrast to darlo, we have Kettering, as Mick mentiond.  If you have a five minutes have a read of this.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=20558 - "Is This How It Ends For Kettering Town? With A Benny Hill-Esque Chase?"

This is approaching a Vics-like status of shambolic nonsense.

Thats unreal.

How can people be allowed to do this to such once proud clubs and big names like Kettering Town?

markecky

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 01:35:16 PM »

Had a read of the Kettering forum.

It seems that John Beck, the manager, turned up but the car park staff had been told not to let him in!

Its beyond fiction some of the stuff on there..

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »

Ironically, they're still getting more support than Vics!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 02:06:47 PM »

Thats unreal.

How can people be allowed to do this to such once proud clubs and big names like Kettering Town?

[/quote]

Agree totally, look at the list though, Kettering, Rushden, Weymouth, Vics, Runcorn, Darlington, Chester, Enfield, Wealdstone, Newport, Maidstone, Fisher, AP Leamington, Bromsgrove, Nuneaton, Hornchurch, Canvey , Grays, Slough.......must be loads more all gone under or had to reform from chasing the dream or just being poorly managed.

We may not be what we once were in non-league but we have a lot to be thankful for, good stewardship has kept our club afloat through trying times.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 04:44:27 PM »

Thats unreal.

Agree totally, look at the list though, Kettering, Rushden, Weymouth, Vics, Runcorn, Darlington, Chester, Enfield, Wealdstone, Newport, Maidstone, Fisher, AP Leamington, Bromsgrove, Nuneaton, Hornchurch, Canvey , Grays, Slough.......must be loads more all gone under or had to reform from chasing the dream or just being poorly managed.

We may not be what we once were in non-league but we have a lot to be thankful for, good stewardship has kept our club afloat through trying times.
[/quote]

Most definitely ......................(waits for grammar pedants to jump on the use of a redundant adjective)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 05:16:52 PM »

Thats unreal.

[/quote]

Add Scarborough to that list. Excellent post.

arnald

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »

i did see kettering as the biggest side in the conference in the late 80s
with the best ground big main stand and a good side , i liked the popeys bar very freindly ,
then the rot started ,and that crap started up down the road from the doc martins fun club,

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 06:30:12 PM »

i did see kettering as the biggest side in the conference in the late 80s
with the best ground big main stand and a good side , i liked the popeys bar very freindly ,
then the rot started ,and that crap started up down the road from the doc martins fun club,

I know what you mean there Big van, though I always felt Kettering were all fur coat and knickers. No substance.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 06:47:59 PM »

This table provides some interesting reading, especially with a beer...The top five there are way above Stevenage.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/conference-premier/all-time-table/full

Once you move out of your town and own catchment area, your on a steady decline.  I have got totally confused with the goings on at Northwich but I for one used to love beating the Vics at the Drill Field and bombing it home.  I hope the club finds its feet again in its own town.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Old Conference foes