PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Non Alty - Kettering Town
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Non Alty - Kettering Town  (Read 11072 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 26, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

Good article on 200% website

Apparantly they are in huge trouble already just a few games into the season. Crowds down to a few hundred, wages not being paid to full-time players and suggestions that one George Rolls is still pulling all the strings
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

Re: Non Alty - Kettering Town
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:21:01 PM »

some recent quotes relating to Kettering from 200%

"The match programme, such as it was, consisted of a photocopied sheet"

"they could offer nothing against modest opposition and Concord Rangers ran out comfortable winners"

"Two hundred and fifteen hardy souls turned out to another chunk being bitten from the club"

and finally...

"Imraan Ladak signed a twenty-five year lease for Nene Park last year"

more details at...
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=20607

Jehesus.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:24:04 PM by York Alty »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 07:23:57 PM »

Kettering could only start with 10 players today. They lost 7-0 at home in front of 300.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »

Look like they're competing with Northwich now to see who folds first. Dreadful demonstration of what empty promises can bring....
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »

Kettering could only start with 10 players today. They lost 7-0 at home in front of 300.

300?  I'm surprised they're getting that number in. 

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 11:41:21 PM »

I'd like to feel sorry for them, but as a time served Alty fan it really is hard to have any empathy for Kettering Town on a number of levels.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 11:49:51 PM »

I'd like to feel sorry for them, but as a time served Alty fan it really is hard to have any empathy for Kettering Town on a number of levels.
seconded.

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 12:01:17 AM »

Extraordinary! "Kettering Town field 10 players in 7-0 defeat"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19859492

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 08:01:30 AM »

I hate to see any football club in difficulties like this, it is never of the fan's making and usually due to some meddlesome interloper who doesn't really get it. Yes Kettering aren't the lovliest of clubs, but for every one who is as they are there will be ten decent football loving people and they are about to lose their club. It's a great shame.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 08:07:21 AM »

I hate to see any football club in difficulties like this, it is never of the fan's making and usually due to some meddlesome interloper who doesn't really get it. Yes Kettering aren't the lovliest of clubs, but for every one who is as they are there will be ten decent football loving people and they are about to lose their club. It's a great shame.

Absolutely correct SW. I know I've been particularly scathing lately about the situation at Northwich, but what I want to see is the demise of Rushe, and a chance for their many decent fans to pick up the pieces and start over.

Only went to Kettering once, thought they had an above average following of morons, but feel genuinely sorry for their true supporters.

Never forget, at one time this could have been us !

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »

Mostly yes I agree with the view that some poor sod is about to lose the club s/he has loved for decades. 

Kettering fans have over the years been ignorant, arrogant gobsh*tes and even in my heart of hearts I can't find any sympathy.  Oddly I can for Vics, but for KTFC, no.

I want to play green slime in the derby again - I have no desire to ever play Kettering again.

thegazelle

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 06:54:13 PM »

totally agree kettering have some of the worst supporters i have ever met in non league and their arrogance and persistance that they can sustain a full time team. they  thought they  were superior to us northern  oiks andit is now biting them right where it hurts .  where the feck is dazza now
my prejudice goes back to two of us fronting their bully boy fans at the league cup finalback in 81 (ish). when they actually backed off  in a 20 to 1 situation and is nothing to do with me getting one of the hardets slaps i ever got in desborough off some moistened bint!!! that incident  has been described on here as "that punch".   i deserved it .

Let them die they deserve it.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 09:46:51 PM »

I think there is a newly formed Kettering team that have gone the AFC Rushden route of starting off in the youth league. I think they are called Kettering FC
They really should be beating teams like us

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »

I think there is a newly formed Kettering team that have gone the AFC Rushden route of starting off in the youth league. I think they are called Kettering FC

that makes a lot of sense as the rotting vile carcass that is KTFC is beyond reviving.  That's one dead dog.

"The chances of saving this club, effectively insolvent and tied to a ruinous lease on a stadium miles from its home town for almost a quarter of a century, have sunk to next to nil, barring a miracle... Expulsion from the League will surely follow swiftly should they fail to fulfil a fixture, and the fact that the club was unable to field a full team for a League match today suggests that this apocalyptic scenario is now only a matter of time".

Quote taken from 200% and main Alty site.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:27:38 PM by York Alty »

anglo alty

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 04:31:50 PM »

Bad times for Kettering fans also Truro City  :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team